Treating athletes in neurology and how to do it?

Started by deleted1139416
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1139416

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really like neurology and I am determined to go into the field. And I also really like working with athletes. Is there any niche where I can treat athletes in neurology? I don’t want to go into PMR or sports medicine because I really do love neuro.
 
I really like neurology and I am determined to go into the field. And I also really like working with athletes. Is there any niche where I can treat athletes in neurology? I don’t want to go into PMR or sports medicine because I really do love neuro.
There are a couple programs that have Sports Neurology fellowships (eg Michigan)
 
PM&R is probably a better bet if you a dead set on working with athletes.

May I ask where you are in your training?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMO you can either do PM&R which is like neuro light and work with athletes or straight neuro in which case you'll almost assuredly change your mind about subspecialty work or patient populations regardless.