Trend for scaling the individual sections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akalin24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the AAMC practice exams (score conversions) are accurate but if they are..... here's what they look like:

6R most recent with scaled score conversions..

15 76-77 5 32-35
14 74-75 <4 0-31
13 70-73
12 64-69
11 59-63
10 54-58
9 49-53
8 44-48
7 41-43
6 36-40

These scaled scores are very consistent for exams 3R-6R.
How do you think today's MCAT stacked up?? If these are accurate we could have missed 33-34 questions on the Bio section and still recieved an 8.. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I realize that but it's weird how the trends seems to parallel each other when it comes to score conversions. There's virtually no deviation from exams 3R-6R.

Kinda makes you wonder if these etimated scores are worth the paper their printed on!!

akalin24 said:
I realize that but it's weird how the trends seems to parallel each other when it comes to score conversions. There's virtually no deviation from exams 3R-6R.

Kinda makes you wonder if these etimated scores are worth the paper their printed on!!

I agree, the PS section on the MCAT today, didn't even compare to the PS on 4R-6R. It seemed like a mixture of the hard passages from TPR and Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)
with this is mind, i noticed that 57 is the MINIMUM required to get a 10 on 3R-6R. WTF happened to the scaling????..surely 3R-6R could not have been the same in difficulty. Why is it minimum 57 correct for all 4 versions to get a 10. Anyone know how they scale for each test?????????????

and i do not anticipate it too be much different for todays MCAT also. the ranges are pretty consistent from test to test. it $ucks to be me.