1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Trend for scaling the individual sections

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by akalin24, Apr 17, 2004.

1. akalin24

akalin24 Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm not sure if the AAMC practice exams (score conversions) are accurate but if they are..... here's what they look like:

6R most recent with scaled score conversions..

15 76-77 5 32-35
    14 74-75 <4 0-31
    13 70-73
    12 64-69
    11 59-63
    10 54-58
    9 49-53
    8 44-48
    7 41-43
    6 36-40

These scaled scores are very consistent for exams 3R-6R.
    How do you think today's MCAT stacked up?? If these are accurate we could have missed 33-34 questions on the Bio section and still recieved an 8.. Any thoughts?

2. Uh...but the scale changes for each test, since their relative difficulties aren't the same.

3. akalin24

akalin24 Member
    10+ Year Member

I realize that but it's weird how the trends seems to parallel each other when it comes to score conversions. There's virtually no deviation from exams 3R-6R.

Kinda makes you wonder if these etimated scores are worth the paper their printed on!!

4. frank51

frank51 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree, the PS section on the MCAT today, didn't even compare to the PS on 4R-6R. It seemed like a mixture of the hard passages from TPR and Kaplan.

5. derf

derf Ohio Land
    7+ Year Member

with this is mind, i noticed that 57 is the MINIMUM required to get a 10 on 3R-6R. WTF happened to the scaling????..surely 3R-6R could not have been the same in difficulty. Why is it minimum 57 correct for all 4 versions to get a 10. Anyone know how they scale for each test?????????????

6. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

and i do not anticipate it too be much different for todays MCAT also. the ranges are pretty consistent from test to test. it $ucks to be me.

7. UseUrHeadFred

UseUrHeadFred Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
    5+ Year Member

Side note - AAMC makes more money the more often you take the exam...

Hmmm..