Trimester Cornell Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DGhiker

Brookes the Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm filling out Cornell's secondary and they ask for a small summary of your BCPM. This includes the # credit hours for each course. My undergrad school was on trimesters, so on my transcript, each of my classes is only 1 credit hour, regardless of whether there was a lab or not. But, AMCAS calculates this into Semester hours and that column on my AMCAS app has 4.3 for all lab classes and 3.3 for all others.

My question is, what should I enter for 'credit hours' on the Cornell secondary? It clearly states you must have 24 science semester credits , which won't add up if I enter 1 for every class. But, 4.3 credit hours is not an option on the app - only 4 and 4.5.

Can anyone help??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

do they have a FAQ section on thier web site?

YML said:
do they have a FAQ section on thier web site?

Not that I've found so far for the secondary. The link you click from the email they send you inviting you to complete their secondary brings you to a generic set of instructions, and there's a link they say you should click if you're having trouble with the app....but I clicked it and get a message that the server can't be found. Plus I think that's probably just for technical problems with getting the app to load or something anyway. Guess I'll keep looking... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I searched their website and finally ended up emailing them this question. I'll post their reply in case anyone cares....

Thank you for your inquiry and for your interest in our medical college.
We are familiar with Union College, so you may go ahead and enter the credit
hours as they assign them. We also get your complete academic record from AMCAS,
so we can refer to it if we have any questions.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Since I went to school on a quarter system, my classes were each worth 2.7 semester units. I rounded down to 2.5 and still had more than 24 semester units. Hope this helps.