Medical Trouble with a Letter of Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with a letter of recommendation from a former supervisor. They agreed to write me a letter five months ago and still have not gotten to it after I have given them five reminders via email and in person over the last few months. What is the consequence of marking a letter as "no longer being sent" after it is listed on your initial application to schools? I do not think this person will finish the letter any time soon if at all and I have already submitted some secondaries and two letters from MDs are already attached to my application. I don't think getting this letter will improve my application much, but I do not want to mark it as "no longer being sent" if that will raise questions with people reviewing my application, what should I do?

I'd get a different letter writer.

Members don't see this ad.

Life happens and letters fall through. This won't reflect negatively on you so long as you have submitted the specified letters otherwise. If you don't mark it "No longer being sent" your application won't be considered Complete by many schools and evaluation of your file will be delayed.

You might find this post useful: *~*~*~*Official Letters of Recommendation Questions Thread 2018-2019*~*~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.