True humility . . . fine doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesBond

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I, like many surfers on this board, browse a lot; many titbits of valuable info are disseminated by seemingly very knowledgeable people. However, what strikes me--in particular--are some disturbing elements. For one, the arrogance of many members (future doctors) is alarming! For instance, one well-known member announced his exit, claiming that his monopoly on truth was somewhat questioned by many. The outcome of that announcement was followed by an outlandish pouring of mail that only solidified his egotistical inclinations. That is very disturbing indeed! In a free society--no matter how much one claims to know--nobody has an absolute monopoly on truth. To sing your own praises, as Holy Writ declares, is tantamount to a cloud without rain. Secondly, while many names are known here (I will not name any--you know them). . . it is intrinsically wrong to show favor to them and regard their observations and claims as inerrant gospel. Their comments are not open to censorship nor editing. God forbid if their sacred writings were deleted. Mine, of course will be deleted since I am not part of that elite group. This is what politicians call the advantages of "entrenched power." And while we are not politicians, I fear that the true humility and openness that defines fine doctors is far from being developed in our own ranks.

Members don't see this ad.

A little bit over-dramatic, but point well taken.

JamesBond, I have to admit, that was the most well written message I have ever read on this board. English major?
Seems like we need a few reforms around here.

Members don't see this ad :)
BRAVO Mr. Bond,

BUT I've never claimed to have a monopoly on truth. I merely said that my posts have factual information, things you can find in published works, and that many other posts which seek to discredit mine, do not and are purely anecdotal.

The other point is that I am unfairly labelled, and am always being misread. I don't think my writing is really all that bad, however.

Is it Ground Hog's Day already?

Tim of New York City.

Very good statement, JamesBond. The StudentDoctor Forums are known for the helpful and generally courteous guests that populate it. Let's keep it that way.

However, I am concerned about your statement that some posts have been deleted. Can you please let me know which ones have been deleted?

Our moderators are not supposed to delete any posts, except those with material that would be considered a hate-crime.

Best regards,
Lee Burnett