COMQuest, TrueLearn (COMBANk), Vs UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamstudentdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
COMQuest, TrueLearn (COMBANK), Vs UWorld dillema

Hello - OMS-2 here, only taking COMPLEX level 1 in 40 days. Only done with 25 % of Q from COMQuest and UWorld as of now, so can't finish both Qbank by the test date. And done 10 % of TrueLearn (COMBANK)

Personally feel the actual Qs on Level 1 are more similar to the COMQuest than UWorld, although UWorld has better questions, esp for USMLE 1. Anyone who took the test last year or this year has recommendations which Q bank I should complete?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you trying to do better on comlex or step? For comlex, combank feels closer to comlex but it's not great. Uworld feels exactly like step, so if you want to do better on step material I'd do that.

I personally would recommend finishing uworld above all else, just because content review imo is best with uworld

Reactions: 1 user
UWorld ---> USMLE + general integrations that are huge in medicine.

COMQuest ---> COMLEX; poorly written questions that will prepare you the most for the poorly written real deal.

TrueLearn ---> Would not buy if you have the other two. If supplied through the school feel free to use for more questions.

All just n=1 and I most definitely did not rock boards lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol how are you 40 days out from your test and done so little of ANY question bank. Wth were you doing studying?

UWorld ---> USMLE + general integrations that are huge in medicine.

COMQuest ---> COMLEX; poorly written questions that will prepare you the most for the poorly written real deal.

TrueLearn ---> Would not buy if you have the other two. If supplied through the school feel free to use for more questions.

All just n=1 and I most definitely did not rock boards lol.
You'd be surprised, but the quality of questions from COMLEX has been going up. They are not up to par with UWorld, but they are definitely not embarrassing with typos like back in the day

You'd be surprised, but the quality of questions from COMLEX has been going up. They are not up to par with UWorld, but they are definitely not embarrassing with typos like back in the day
With the amount of money they are making off the exam I would sure hope so

COMQuest, TrueLearn (COMBANK), Vs UWorld dillema

Hello - OMS-2 here, only taking COMPLEX level 1 in 40 days. Only done with 25 % of Q from COMQuest and UWorld as of now, so can't finish both Qbank by the test date. And done 10 % of TrueLearn (COMBANK)

Personally feel the actual Qs on Level 1 are more similar to the COMQuest than UWorld, although UWorld has better questions, esp for USMLE 1. Anyone who took the test last year or this year has recommendations which Q bank I should complete?

Thanks in advance!
Only used COMBANK last year, passed just fine.

Can you clarify what you mean by the bolded above?
Some of the ones that come to mind:

The patient who says they have began having abdominal pain. They have no past medical history besides some mild osteoarthritis. They claim to take no prescription drugs. You have to think of the possibility that they may be taking NSAIDS daily for that osteoarthritis or taking it on an empty stomach. That could be causing an ulcer and hence their abdominal pain.

The AIDs patient whos CD4 count was recently below 200 begins having cyanosis, weakness, headache etc. You have to think they may have been started on Bactrim for PCP prophylaxis due to their CD4 count falling below 200. The Bactrim is possibly causing methemoglobinemia. (Much much more rare).

The patient who just received a blood transfusion becomes dyspneic - you may be thinking TACO or TRALI

I'm just a lowly PGY-0 but I feel like UWorld made me have to learn to THINK like a doctor. Some students do this naturally, I am not one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users