You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Should nurses and doctors have 0 taxes?
Started by scoopdaboop
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
There are many more jobs that works harder than doctors and nurses. Let me start with roofers
Is this a trolling post?I vote yes. Why should we be forced to give up half our wages because we worked hard... Sad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has to be a troll job cuz it’s one of the most asinine takes I’ve ever seen
This has to be a troll job cuz it’s one of the most asinine takes I’ve ever seen
it's not asinine. We are literally invaluable to society... There should be diff taxes for diff professions.
Didn't know people were okay with just giving up their hard earned money like this.Man you make the dumbest threads, dude
After working several manual labor jobs, we don’t work very hard in comparison. This shows you’ve always been in a bubble and don’t really have a grasp of how everyone else lives.Didn't know people were okay with just giving up their hard earned money like this.
Of course it would be awesome to not pay taxes! But welcome to the world kid
After working several manual labor jobs, we don’t work very hard in comparison. This shows you’ve always been in a bubble and don’t really have a grasp of how everyone else lives.
Of course it would be awesome to not pay taxes! But welcome to the world kid
Actually, I have worked in other industries, like literally most people have. The jobs are "physically" harder, yes. No one's going to argue people in healthcare work harder than someone working 2 min wage jobs or something, but not completely removing taxes, even reducing it to 10-15 percent max will drive more people to nursing and med school. Hell, if the government removed taxes if you were to work in rural areas, then imagine the shortage fixes in these places.
But fundamentally you need taxes to pay for civil services...the argument is flawed from the start. There’s already a bottleneck for residency slots not for med school. Can’t do much without a residencyActually, I have worked in other industries, like literally most people have. The jobs are "physically" harder, yes. No one's going to argue people in healthcare work harder than someone working 2 min wage jobs or something, but not completely removing taxes, even reducing it to 10-15 percent max will drive more people to nursing and med school. Hell, if the government removed taxes if you were to work in rural areas, then imagine the shortage fixes in these places.
But fundamentally you need taxes to pay for civil services...the argument is flawed from the start. There’s already a bottleneck for residency slots not for med school. Can’t do much without a residency
it's easy to fix: tax others more.
Okay you gotta be a troll haha there’s no logic to thatit's easy to fix: tax others more.
The entitlement is just oozing at this point.
Sweet Jesus in the morning!I vote yes. Why should we be forced to give up half our wages because we worked hard... Sad.
0/10
Trolls these days! You call this trolling??!! In my day, you had to actually work to be a troll.
Now any idiot can troll.
Last edited:
In before:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only precedent I could think would be for military personnel who are deployed to a combat zone (not a "deployment" to Germany or even Korea). During my year in Iraq, I didn't pay federal or state income taxes (still paid SSA and Medicare of course). I don't think the federal government views the sacrifice of healthcare workers quite the same way, but in some pandemic hot zones maybe there should be something equivalent...?
I guess if you want to stick it to the man you can get on Medicaid in med school... but no you should pay taxes when you’re done. Although I wish I could opt out of social security
Closing.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 283
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 398
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K