Trump Nominates Orthopedic Surgeon Tom Price to HHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-names-tom-price-as-health-secretary-1480387501?mod=e2fb

“We think it’s important that Washington not be in charge of health care,” he said in an interview this summer. “The problem that I have with Obamacare is that its premise is that Washington knows best.”

This is a positive development for those seeking to restore balance in the medical marketplace.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
even the NYTimes makes him sound sexy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/u...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

From his days as a Georgia state senator, Mr. Price, now 62, has been a voice for doctors, often aligned with the positions of the American Medical Association and the Medical Association of Georgia.
He has introduced legislation that would make it easier for doctors to defend themselves against medical malpractice lawsuits and to enter into private contracts with Medicare beneficiaries. Under such contracts, doctors can, in effect, opt out of Medicare and charge more than the amounts normally allowed by the program’s rules.
Mr. Price’s intimate knowledge of Medicare could serve him well. The secretary of health and human services sets Medicare payment policies for doctors, updates the physician fee schedule each year and issues rules that can have a huge influence on the practice of medicine. The government is carrying out a law that changes how doctors are paid under Medicare, and Medicare often serves as a model for private insurers.

He says he got into politics because he found that officials in Washington and Atlanta who had no medical training were making decisions that affected his ability to take care of patients.

Reactions: 1 user
this has legs.

im ashamed to to that my mouth is watering over this choice.

steve, this guy is from your area -- any insight?

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-names-tom-price-as-health-secretary-1480387501?mod=e2fb

“We think it’s important that Washington not be in charge of health care,” he said in an interview this summer. “The problem that I have with Obamacare is that its premise is that Washington knows best.”

This is a positive development for those seeking to restore balance in the medical marketplace.
I saw this and was ecstatic, reinforces my decision to abandoned all CMS measures but e prescribing...

I think it will be good for us, but...

how is he not a Washington insider? isn't he a 6 term Georgia Representative who presently chairs the Housing Budgeting Committee?

I think it will be good for us, but...

how is he not a Washington insider? isn't he a 6 term Georgia Representative who presently chairs the Housing Budgeting Committee?
Better an insider physician than an insider <insert job title here>

Healthy Indiana “has established a new health-care paradigm in Indiana, rooted in consumerism and personal responsibility,” Pence said in late January as he marked the plan’s first anniversary.