Trust your team members for the patients sake please

Started by deleted1191256
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1191256

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edit: ignore this post. Didn’t realize insurances role in dictating practice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You may not realize how hard/impossible it is for a doc/center to get paid for IMRT for skin stuff.
Sorry yeah didn’t realize that applied to deep skin lesions as well. God I hate insurance companies.

Forget I wrote anything <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may not realize how hard/impossible it is for a doc/center to get paid for IMRT for skin stuff.
Really? I get IMRT approved all the time.

Any elective neck radiation is an auto approve. If the disease is deep and around an OAR, I might have to do a peer to peer but it isn't very difficult.

I agree that you should listen to your staff and seek advice. If you think as a physician you know better, then explain it to the staff before the simulation and see what their thoughts and/or concerns are.
 
Really? I get IMRT approved all the time.

Any elective neck radiation is an auto approve. If the disease is deep and around an OAR, I might have to do a peer to peer but it isn't very difficult.

I agree that you should listen to your staff and seek advice. If you think as a physician you know better, then explain it to the staff before the simulation and see what their thoughts and/or concerns are.

Very regional and insurance-specific in terms of difficulty of approval.

One particularly crazy case was that I got a parotid salivary gland approved for imrt without elective nodal, but not a poorly differentiated squam with invasion into the parotid with elective nodal.