TRYING TO ADD SCHOOLS! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilMissDrDoolittle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you tried to add schools on AMCAS and get an error message saying that the deadlines for the schools you already submitted has passed and you must delete them (which you cant because you have already submitted them) What the heck is wrong with this software. Where the %&#@ did these ***** engineers that made this software graduate from? I am so ready to explode!!! Thank GOD our lives are in the hands of doctors and not these incompetent, inefficient, ***** engineers

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, mega-*****s....coming from someone that spells "our" as "are". Cut them some slack- just give them a call and explain your problem. Calling someone you've never met (or will ever meet) a ***** on an anonymous forum won't help you to get this settled. --Trek

whatever. I have been up all night trying to figure out this darn thing and the last thing i do is a spell check on my freakin message. get a life

Members don't see this ad :)
You can 'whatever' it, but you thought it was important enough to edit the post. Try being less judgemental next time. --Trek

LOL. Nothing like a little SDN skirmish to make you smile in the morning. :p

one thing that has always ticked me off are these anal pre-meds who cross their t's and dot their i's and have perfect grammar and spelling on their emails. we are not riting (yes, that is on purpose) to our godly professors you *****. try and get that tree trunk out your ass (that shouldnt be too difficult given its probably had other things shoved up there before) and be normal

Alright, so who here needs the bucket of ice-cold water thrown over them????

;)

My personal opinion is that engineers are usually smarter than doctors. ;) ;) ;)

This is a VERY serious bug and should not overshadowed by spelling errors! Cornell wants those rejected from the MD/PhD program to change their status to Regular MD by the 15th or they won't consider you for it!

THank you very much none. I have been on AMCAS's case since november 1. They keep pushing their promises back. I will miss secondary deadlines if this is not taken care of. Call and complain. The more people complain, the quicker they will get this fixed

None- i completely agree with you and see that it's important. Contrary to popular belief, i really can't believe that AMCAS workers are sitting around trying to screw everyone. They're working under the constraints of the program. I really don't think that's any reason to call someone a ***** repeatedly. As to me, you're right, i am a *****. And DrDoo, I tried to pull the tree trunk out of my ass, but it was lodged so tight, it just wouldn't budge. So i guess i'll continue to be an 'anal pre-med' for a while longer. --Trek

i'm an engineer, and i'm smarter than most doctors. ha ha.

please don't refer to those software, IT computer programmer consultant idiot types as engineers. it might make me cranky.

and i am with you on the software people being *****s at amcas. there is just no excuse for how ill-prepared they were. that is the judgment from an engineer who actually had a job being an engineer.

but trek really sounds like my kind of guy. you crack me up!

missdolittle:
I hope you will mature a little more when and if you become a physician. Hopefully before that. You are quick to jump into conclusion and you call some group of people (engineers) *****s.

I have the deepest respect for doctors and I want to be one as well. But lets not forget that doctors make mistakes too. (Thus, the word malpractice was invented). Actually, engineers are extremely careful when they design things.. circuits, buildings etc. As a doctor, you will be using many equipments that are designed by engineers.

From website design perspective, its easy to have bugs in some code. Be patient, and send them email about the problem. And grow up a little and show your ability to become a physician.

Just my two cents.

I'm an engineer, and I dont really think there is a significant difference between the intelligence level of either profession.

Of course, nowadays, the word 'engineer' has no meaning. An engineer could mean anything from a PhD holder who works in corporate R&D to a high school dropout who took a few IT courses and got hired by some company with an 'engineer' job title even though they never even took a college level math course.

In the IT field, everybody is an 'engineer' even though you dont even need a college degree to go into IT. Hell you dont even need a highschool diploma. As long as you study on your own, you can get about 5 certifications and the MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) even though you may have had no formal education beyond HS.

Dont get me wrong, many of these people are extremely bright. My point is that just because someone tells you they are an engineer, that doesnt really mean anything. In the future, the job title 'engineer' will really mean nothing at all. Its becoming a very nondescript title.

As for AMCAS, as an engineer with web design experience, I think I'm not going overboard by stating they really screwed up. I know the technical issues involved, and the errors they made in the process are really unforgivable. If any web design company submitted this type of design to a real corporation, they would never get any business again. There are always bugs with software, and its not the individual bugs that manifests their poor design technique. It is their whole design strategy and implementation scheme that is at fault.

UPDATE AMCAS EMAIL 11/13/01

(Oh WELL, another AMCAS f&%$ up! I am curious as to if any lawsuits have been filed against AMCAS. These are pretty serious errors!)

Dear Applicant,

Due to a new error in the web application, applicants can not certify
and submit additional school designations at this time. We will notify
all applicants via e-mail as soon as this problem is corrected.

AMCAS