Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

trying to coordinate interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bruinkid, Oct 12, 2002.

1. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey guys,
    for those of you who are trying to coordinate interviews...and are asking schools whether an interview is forthcoming....if they grant you an interview does that mean anything? i mean would they have invited you later? it seems to me as if people are pushing themselves onto schools.
    just wondering

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the schools can handle it! ;) Seriously, they will only give you an interview if they were planning on doing it anyway. Many times they say, don't call us, we'll call you! :D But it never hurts to ask, considering the cost of flying all over the country for these things. Last year Albany, MCPH(Drexel), and Jefferson were schools I found to be cooperative. Other schools were not. It may be that those schools were just close to making a decision on my file when I called rather than acting on a policy of helping applicants coordinate interviews. No way are they going to give you an interview just to be nice, so don't worry about that!! :D

4. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    einstein and GW go on the "interview coordination friendly list" if you applied to any of those schools

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

bumping since someone's asking about this again.

6. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

I would not put them in the "interview friendly" category at all. I got an invitation to interview at Georgetown and called GW to see if they could help me coordinate, but they just gave the party line: "we will review applications in the order they were received".

Oh well -- good luck!

PD

7. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Sounds like when you call tech support. "Your application will be reviewed in the order that it was received. Please hold for the next available representative..."