trying to coordinate interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
for those of you who are trying to coordinate interviews...and are asking schools whether an interview is forthcoming....if they grant you an interview does that mean anything? i mean would they have invited you later? it seems to me as if people are pushing themselves onto schools.
just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

I think the schools can handle it! ;) Seriously, they will only give you an interview if they were planning on doing it anyway. Many times they say, don't call us, we'll call you! :D But it never hurts to ask, considering the cost of flying all over the country for these things. Last year Albany, MCPH(Drexel), and Jefferson were schools I found to be cooperative. Other schools were not. It may be that those schools were just close to making a decision on my file when I called rather than acting on a policy of helping applicants coordinate interviews. No way are they going to give you an interview just to be nice, so don't worry about that!! :D

einstein and GW go on the "interview coordination friendly list" if you applied to any of those schools

Members don't see this ad :)
bumping since someone's asking about this again.

Originally posted by DW
einstein and GW go on the "interview coordination friendly list" if you applied to any of those schools

I would not put them in the "interview friendly" category at all. I got an invitation to interview at Georgetown and called GW to see if they could help me coordinate, but they just gave the party line: "we will review applications in the order they were received".

Oh well -- good luck!

PD

Originally posted by pallhaco doce
I would not put them in the "interview friendly" category at all. I got an invitation to interview at Georgetown and called GW to see if they could help me coordinate, but they just gave the party line: "we will review applications in the order they were received".

Sounds like when you call tech support. "Your application will be reviewed in the order that it was received. Please hold for the next available representative..."