trying to decide b/n 3 programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghandoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I have a question because I am trying to decide between 3 programs to go to interviews....interviews are getting expensive!:(
So i have interviews coming up at U of Arizona, Cleveland clinic and CHOM(Detriot).
I'm trying to cancell 1 out of the 3.
So can people who know these programs reply with details about their interview day or if they are students at this program that would be much better. I would also like to know(of course) if one of these programs is exceptionally good(eg. residents are very happy,etc).
thanks
ps. I have looked at the interview impressions page but I've found it a little limited.

Members don't see this ad.

I interview at UofA this week. I did do an away rotation there, back in August, and it seemed good, but the interns were still getting used to everything, and I've got a much better handle on things to ask and look for than I did back at that point.

If you ask me, the Detroit vs Tucson in December/January argument seems to settle it. And at least Cleveland is not Detroit.

thanks BigRedBeta!
that was where I was leaning actually....skipping CHOM and going to the other 2.
anyway, i'll keep researching...i have some time to decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my training at Cleveland Clinic. It was a wonderful program to train in. Everyone passed boards the first time around in the 3 years I was there. They are very pro-education plus you have all the benefits of working for a hospital that is geared for research and state-of-the art medicine (eg: a push to have you present and attend national meetings, access to publication resources, a spectacular library). I feel that you had access to every subspecialty and see things you won't see at other facilities eg: hemispherectomies. My last year there I saw 11 heart transplants and several other solid organ transplants. If you are looking for fellowship or general peds options, you will feel well prepared for either. The program director is amazing and you will be hard pressed to find someone more pro-resident. The residents are a tight group, averaging 13-15 per class, and spend much time outside the hospital together.

I completed my training at Cleveland Clinic. It was a wonderful program to train in. Everyone passed boards the first time around in the 3 years I was there. They are very pro-education plus you have all the benefits of working for a hospital that is geared for research and state-of-the art medicine (eg: a push to have you present and attend national meetings, access to publication resources, a spectacular library). I feel that you had access to every subspecialty and see things you won't see at other facilities eg: hemispherectomies. My last year there I saw 11 heart transplants and several other solid organ transplants. If you are looking for fellowship or general peds options, you will feel well prepared for either. The program director is amazing and you will be hard pressed to find someone more pro-resident. The residents are a tight group, averaging 13-15 per class, and spend much time outside the hospital together.

Thanks for the input. So i ended up going to the Cleveland Clinic interview and enjoyed it immensely. It is definetely one of my top picks.
I'll be going to U of Arizona as well.
Anyone have thoughts on U or Arizona?

If you haven't seen it, check my post in the Interview impressions thread about U of A.

Yeh, thanks for posting that.
I saw that already and the program sounded good....sorry I didnt update my post...
I'll be goin there for an interview in Jan.