Trying to figure out my next step

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Brokenland

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am 27 years old and just got my bs in biology. Unfortunately due to life problems ( a pregnancy and a slew of family deaths) I have a 2.2 gpa cumulative with a 2.8 science gpa. I have three publications (geometric algebra, cell biology, and toxicology) and was first author on two and I have a bunch of extracirriculars.

I immaturely took an mcat back in 2012 and didnt study at all scoring a 17 (right during when all hell broke loose and I had a 2.9 gpa).
I never had issues with science and even aced both sections of orgo over one summer. (Im a dc resident and its possible at the uni here)

Anyways my girlfriend inspired me to try for pharmacy and I took a pcat last year(2017) and scored in the 84th percentile. That was cool and all but I always eanted to be an M.D. so I could ensure diagnosis and treatment to the highest standards possible. So given I've been abandoned by my mentor/neighbor (an ex dean of howards medical school) what are some suggestions for me to push forwards on the path to medical school. (Jsyk I live Washington, DC and my mom also went to Howard)
 
Hello,
I am 27 years old and just got my bs in biology. Unfortunately due to life problems ( a pregnancy and a slew of family deaths) I have a 2.2 gpa cumulative with a 2.8 science gpa. I have three publications (geometric algebra, cell biology, and toxicology) and was first author on two and I have a bunch of extracirriculars.

I immaturely took an mcat back in 2012 and didnt study at all scoring a 17 (right during when all hell broke loose and I had a 2.9 gpa).
I never had issues with science and even aced both sections of orgo over one summer. (Im a dc resident and its possible at the uni here)

Anyways my girlfriend inspired me to try for pharmacy and I took a pcat last year(2017) and scored in the 84th percentile. That was cool and all but I always eanted to be an M.D. so I could ensure diagnosis and treatment to the highest standards possible. So given I've been abandoned by my mentor/neighbor (an ex dean of howards medical school) what are some suggestions for me to push forwards on the path to medical school. (Jsyk I live Washington, DC and my mom also went to Howard)
Jsyk last two semesters i did 4.0 consistently