Trying to figure out my next step

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brokenland

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am 27 years old and just got my bs in biology. Unfortunately due to life problems ( a pregnancy and a slew of family deaths) I have a 2.2 gpa cumulative with a 2.8 science gpa. I have three publications (geometric algebra, cell biology, and toxicology) and was first author on two and I have a bunch of extracirriculars.

I immaturely took an mcat back in 2012 and didnt study at all scoring a 17 (right during when all hell broke loose and I had a 2.9 gpa).
I never had issues with science and even aced both sections of orgo over one summer. (Im a dc resident and its possible at the uni here)

Anyways my girlfriend inspired me to try for pharmacy and I took a pcat last year(2017) and scored in the 84th percentile. That was cool and all but I always eanted to be an M.D. so I could ensure diagnosis and treatment to the highest standards possible. So given I've been abandoned by my mentor/neighbor (an ex dean of howards medical school) what are some suggestions for me to push forwards on the path to medical school. (Jsyk I live Washington, DC and my mom also went to Howard)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am 27 years old and just got my bs in biology. Unfortunately due to life problems ( a pregnancy and a slew of family deaths) I have a 2.2 gpa cumulative with a 2.8 science gpa. I have three publications (geometric algebra, cell biology, and toxicology) and was first author on two and I have a bunch of extracirriculars.

I immaturely took an mcat back in 2012 and didnt study at all scoring a 17 (right during when all hell broke loose and I had a 2.9 gpa).
I never had issues with science and even aced both sections of orgo over one summer. (Im a dc resident and its possible at the uni here)

Anyways my girlfriend inspired me to try for pharmacy and I took a pcat last year(2017) and scored in the 84th percentile. That was cool and all but I always eanted to be an M.D. so I could ensure diagnosis and treatment to the highest standards possible. So given I've been abandoned by my mentor/neighbor (an ex dean of howards medical school) what are some suggestions for me to push forwards on the path to medical school. (Jsyk I live Washington, DC and my mom also went to Howard)
Jsyk last two semesters i did 4.0 consistently