TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who all is applying to TSU? I know it's really early to start this thread but it's better to start everything earlier than later. Everyone that is applying to TSU can help each other with the application process. Hope to talk to more people that are applying for TSU Class of 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying to TSU if I don't get into Early Decision for University of Houston. TSU isn't my top choice though.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's cool, what are all the schools that you are applying to?

-Texas A&M
-Howard
-TSU
-U of H
-Texas Tech

Maybe:

-Xavier
-University of Louisiana at Monroe
-Roseman University of Health Sciences
-University of Maryland.

I'm aware that these are a lot of schools but I'm really hoping to get into U of H for early decision.

Who all is applying to TSU? I know it's really early to start this thread but it's better to start everything earlier than later. Everyone that is applying to TSU can help each other with the application process. Hope to talk to more people that are applying for TSU Class of 2018!
I am applying! Taking PCAT in November! :)

Submitting my application by next week. Unsure how to answer the coursework section, though. It's only allowing me to enter 12 courses. Am I missing something? Are there only certain courses that should be entered? Thanks for any advice and best of luck to everyone.

I also had the same question but my friend told me to put your highest course for each subject... like Biology II instead Biology I. Or like, Organic Chemistry II instead of Organic Chemistry I. I have yet to input them all though.

I also had the same question but my friend told me to put your highest course for each subject... like Biology II instead Biology I. Or like, Organic Chemistry II instead of Organic Chemistry I. I have yet to input them all though.

I'm going to call them on Monday and find out for sure. I have my BS in biology and am working on my MA in public health. So I have no idea where to start with choosing. I'll let you know what I find out.

Submitting my application by next week. Unsure how to answer the coursework section, though. It's only allowing me to enter 12 courses. Am I missing something? Are there only certain courses that should be entered? Thanks for any advice and best of luck to everyone.

I had the same question when filling out the application a couple months ago. I emailed Ms.Davis and she'd told me that those were only for courses you will take in the future (remaining classes that you need to fulfill pre-requisites in winter 2013 / spring 2014 / summer 2014, etc.). It makes sense because there are very few blanks.. there's no way you can possibly fit your entire course history on there. But if you wanna make sure again, you can email/call the school.

I had the same question when filling out the application a couple months ago. I emailed Ms.Davis and she'd told me that those were only for courses you will take in the future (remaining classes that you need to fulfill pre-requisites in winter 2013 / spring 2014 / summer 2014, etc.). It makes sense because there are very few blanks.. there's no way you can possibly fit your entire course history on there. But if you wanna make sure again, you can email/call the school.

Thanks!!! Makes a lot of sense! Good, now I can finish everything up this weekend and get it submitted.

Good luck to everyone that is applying this year!! Im excited!!!!!!:luck::)

hi folks,

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:) i checked the threads created by TSUCOP 2016, 2017 and saw a lot of people joined + commented but not 2018 ?? where are you all ??????????????

:) i checked the threads created by TSUCOP 2016, 2017 and saw a lot of people joined + commented but not 2018 ?? where are you all ??????????????
have you heard anything back from Mrs. Davis??

Oh I see. I wonder if interviews have already started ?

My friend said the top students (4.0 gpa, > 65 pcat) already received the first wave invitation. It will take place next week

I got an interview invite today :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite today :)
Hi congrats I wish u get accepted.may i know when was ur application complete..mine was back to january 3rd because i had to wait until they receivef my TSU transcript Fall..i wonder if it will slow down :(

Hi congrats I wish u get accepted.may i know when was ur application complete..mine was back to january 3rd because i had to wait until they receivef my TSU transcript Fall..i wonder if it will slow down :(

Thanks! I submitted my online app back in november, but didn't send in my transcripts and supporting documents until January. One of my letters of rec didn't get submitted until jan 2. I got an email about my pre-pharmacy course work from Melva Davis about 2 weeks ago. Then the interview invite today. I'm scheduled for jan 30.

Thanks! I submitted my online app back in november, but didn't send in my transcripts and supporting documents until January. One of my letters of rec didn't get submitted until jan 2. I got an email about my pre-pharmacy course work from Melva Davis about 2 weeks ago. Then the interview invite today. I'm scheduled for jan 30.
I see then u must have decent gpa and pcat. My gpa is higher than average but my pcat just avaerage...i dont know when will be my turn...btw..are u tsu student and ur applying other schools as well?

I have a BS from UTSA. I think that helps. I've also been a pharmacy tech for 3+ years. My gpa was minimal and my pcat was average.

I see then u must have decent gpa and pcat. My gpa is higher than average but my pcat just avaerage...i dont know when will be my turn...btw..are u tsu student and ur applying other schools as well?
As for other schools, I'm applying to A&M, UIW, and Texas Tech. What about you?

I have a BS from UTSA. I think that helps. I've also been a pharmacy tech for 3+ years. My gpa was minimal and my pcat was average.
Then maybe the BS helps...i apply only at tsu..my pcat was 6x and gpa 3.6..im phar tech 2 years and 200+ volunteer hours..i dont know where im standing and it makes me so nervous now

Last edited:
Then maybe the BS helps...i apply only at tsu..my pcat was 50 and gpa 3.6..im phar tech 2 years and 200+ volunteer hours..i dont know where im standing and it makes me so nervous now

Your gpa is good. I think mine was just under 3.0 , my pcat was 59. Have you talked to any admissions counselors?

Your gpa is good. I think mine was just under 3.0 , my pcat was 59. Have you talked to any admissions counselors?
I have not talked to any of them yet, i think they still processing the application, is tsu ur first choice ? Again, i wish u best luck on ur interview day. :)

Thanks! Before I started applying, I visited 3 schools to take tours and meet counselors. I kept in contact with all of them through my application process just so they could remember my name when the time came to review applications. Try to stay positive through the waiting period :)! I I know it's tough, this is actually my second year applying. I think A&M is my first choice bc my parents live close by, so I could save $$ on rent.

Reactions: 1 user
I have not talked to any of them yet, i think they still processing the application, is tsu ur first choice ? Again, i wish u best luck on ur interview day. :)

Sorry I forgot to hit reply.

hey yall I am also applying for the class of 2018. I was wondering do I stand a chance in getting accepted into the professional program. My gpa is a 3.7 which is great however on my Pcat I scored a percentile of an 8. I know pathetic I don't know how I made that score when I studied my butt of. do yall have any suggestions on what I should do? should I still keep my fingers crossed or should I just wait and apply next year.

hey yall I am also applying for the class of 2018. I was wondering do I stand a chance in getting accepted into the professional program. My gpa is a 3.7 which is great however on my Pcat I scored a percentile of an 8. I know pathetic I don't know how I made that score when I studied my butt of. do yall have any suggestions on what I should do? should I still keep my fingers crossed or should I just wait and apply next year.
Did u apply yet? I think with that percentile its really impossible to get in. But u can try one more time next year...thats what i thought..maybe miracle can happen...last year few people less than 20 get accepted but i dont think there was anyone scored lower than 10. Good luck to u.

Did u apply yet? I think with that percentile its really impossible to get in. But u can try one more time next year...thats what i thought..maybe miracle can happen...last year few people less than 20 get accepted but i dont think there was anyone scored lower than 10. Good luck to u.
yes I have already applied. I just hope they see my gpa and know that I am capable of being in the program. but if all else fails I will probably apply again next year.

yes I have already applied. I just hope they see my gpa and know that I am capable of being in the program. but if all else fails I will probably apply again next year.
With ur GPA u stand a very high channce tp get accepted if ur pcat is 50 or 60...u should use varity of sources to study not focus on only one(dr collins, kaplan and petterson) each of company will have some questions appear on the actual test. In addition try to buy pcatweb practice tests, its around 100 dollars for 3 sets, its very close to actual exam. Ultimately, u need luck also..i know some people got a lemon test this year, inlcuding me...

Anyone interviewing tomorrow?

Last edited:
Anyone gets the acceptance letter yet??

hello all. I'm also applying this year. My GPA is 3.6 and PCAT is 74. I'm working as tech for 9 months. I still havent heard anything yet. Should I contact Ms. Davis or wait a little longer?

hello all. I'm also applying this year. My GPA is 3.6 and PCAT is 74. I'm working as tech for 9 months. I still havent heard anything yet. Should I contact Ms. Davis or wait a little longer?
Hi.ur gpa and pcat are much higher than tsu average so remain patient and im sure u will receive the invitation eventually.however I want to ask if you will complete all pharmacy prerequisites by this Spring? Especially science classes?

I should be done with all prerequisites by the end of this semester. Hope I receive invitation soon. So nervous

Hey everyone!!
Good luck with all the interviews , I had mine Feb 20th does anyone know when the acceptance letters will be sent?

Reactions: 1 user
I got offered acceptance today by email. However, I'm going to decline my invitation because I got accepted to Texas A&M. Good luck everyone :)

I got offered acceptance today by email. However, I'm going to decline my invitation because I got accepted to Texas A&M. Good luck everyone :)
Wow, so u got it via email? Is it from Mrs.Davis also? I thought she said they no longer use email to notify you, i keep my finger crossed, mine was on feb 25th:D. I wish you on the best for ur professional years

The email explains that we should be getting a packet I the mail sometime this week.

I received conditional letter by email today ;) yayy

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I had my interview on Feb 20th. I am now hopefully waiting on an acceptance letter!
It seem like this year students are getting their letters earlier than last year.

Hello everyone! I had my interview on Feb 20th. I am now hopefully waiting on an acceptance letter!
It seem like this year students are getting their letters earlier than last year.
Hey good luck to you. It is right that this year TSU is sending out acceptance letter much faster.

I applied back in December and haven't heard anything. Are they done doing interviews?