TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are the interview dates for this cycle over already? If not, can someone please tell me about any future interview dates. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Are the interview dates for this cycle over already? If not, can someone please tell me about any future interview dates. Thank you
They are not, more on the way, we do not know exactly but the interview dates will usually fall on Tuesday,Thurs or Fri...good luck to u

Last edited:
yes they are still interviewing I believe will till April or even May I heard =) good luck!!

Does anyone know if we should do fafsa right now ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello...did anyone interview on or after Feb. 25th an receive an acceptance yet?

yes they are still interviewing I believe will till April or even May I heard =) good luck!!

you can do the fafsa at anytime...I think you shoudl do it now. The earlier the better!

anyone received the official conditional letter yet ? (by mail, not email)...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Tuesday. Any adviceeee??

Received my conditional acceptance letter on Friday by email. Had my interview on Feb. 20.

Hey I called on Friday, but Ms. Davis said she couldn't provide me my status info on the phone. Anybody know if we will receive something via email even if we get waitlisted or declined? had my interview on Feb. 26

Hey I called on Friday, but Ms. Davis said she couldn't provide me my status info on the phone. Anybody know if we will receive something via email even if we get waitlisted or declined? had my interview on Feb. 26

Have you interviewed?

How did u get the acceptance through mail or email and when ?? thanks Congrats by the way!, I had mine Feb as well but have not heard anything

Thank you!! Sorry, I'm answering late. I got an email first. I got the official letter last week.

Yes I did, just waiting on the decision

Yes I did, just waiting on the decision
Hi,she will send you acceptance letter via email first, once you accept the offer, the package will be mailed within 2 weeks.

Just received my conditional acceptance this morning just after 9:30AM!, interviewed 2/25....finally!!! :)

Hi guys is there a facebook group for the class of 2018?? I am currently a p3 student looking to lease a room to a student. My apt complex is less than 5miles from TMC and TSU.

Hi guys is there a facebook group for the class of 2018?? I am currently a p3 student looking to lease a room to a student. My apt complex is less than 5miles from TMC and TSU.
Hello, I have a place set already but I was wondering if you could give us some information on what the schedule is like for a P1. I was curious what a normal week looks like and how involved is the Summer Academy, such as hours we would need to attend. Thanks!

Hi, I am starting in August and was wondering since you are a P3, what are the hours like during the week for school? ~Matt

Hi, I am starting in August and was wondering since you are a P3, what are the hours like during the week for school? ~Matt
summer academy from what i remember was 9am-1pm everyday from july to about 1st or 2nd week of august.
The hours during p1 year are 8-5pm twice a week. Get out at 1pm one day (varies based on what days you get labs). Tues/Thursday 8-2pm.

:) i checked the threads created by TSUCOP 2016, 2017 and saw a lot of people joined + commented but not 2018 ?? where are you all ??????????????
Hi, have you been accepted yet? Have you heard anything about "Summer Academy" yet? Thank you!

summer academy from what i remember was 9am-1pm everyday from july to about 1st or 2nd week of august.
The hours during p1 year are 8-5pm twice a week. Get out at 1pm one day (varies based on what days you get labs). Tues/Thursday 8-2pm.
I

In the acceptance letter, it states that summer academy starts in on July 7th, but I haven't received any email regarding this program. What about you guys?

Hello, may I ask whether you received any emails regarding "Summer Academy" yet? Thank you!

Hello, may I ask whether you received any emails regarding "Summer Academy" yet? Thank you!
The email had been sent out a month ago, S.A will start this Monday jul 7th at 9am to 1pm.

No not at all, I checked my email everyday and still no email from her. I hope she left me out by mistake and not by some bizarre reasons...

Hey!!
Yes I did receive an email, and the summer academy starts tomorrow july 7th 9-1pm, hope you got it, or just email Ms. Davis, she responds quickly. =) Hope to see you all soon =))

Hey!!
Yes I did receive an email, and the summer academy starts tomorrow july 7th 9-1pm, hope you got it, or just email Ms. Davis, she responds quickly. =) Hope to see you all soon =))

Thanks! : )

Who all is applying to TSU? I know it's really early to start this thread but it's better to start everything earlier than later. Everyone that is applying to TSU can help each other with the application process. Hope to talk to more people that are applying for TSU Class of 2018!
does this school have a separate application process or is through Pharmcas

I had the same question when filling out the application a couple months ago. I emailed Ms.Davis and she'd told me that those were only for courses you will take in the future (remaining classes that you need to fulfill pre-requisites in winter 2013 / spring 2014 / summer 2014, etc.). It makes sense because there are very few blanks.. there's no way you can possibly fit your entire course history on there. But if you wanna make sure again, you can email/call the school.
hey if don't minded me asking what were your stats? because I'm going to be applying early for U of H i just want too know if I stand a chance?

This years cycle should
Be done through pharmcas now !

Are there any of you applying for 2019 cycle?

I applied for the class of 2019 but I am yet to submit my supplemental application. i live in Houston and I've heard that quite a few students have been accepted already. I am going to finish my supplemental application this coming week, hopefully before Christmas and hopefully will get an interview for late January or February.

I applied for the class of 2019 but I am yet to submit my supplemental application. i live in Houston and I've heard that quite a few students have been accepted already. I am going to finish my supplemental application this coming week, hopefully before Christmas and hopefully will get an interview for late January or February.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you hear anything from TSU yet?

Do you guys know if the computer science requirement is waived if you have a bachelor degree?

hey yall I am also applying for the class of 2018. I was wondering do I stand a chance in getting accepted into the professional program. My gpa is a 3.7 which is great however on my Pcat I scored a percentile of an 8. I know pathetic I don't know how I made that score when I studied my butt of. do yall have any suggestions on what I should do? should I still keep my fingers crossed or should I just wait and apply next year.
Did you get accepted? I have a 20% and my gpa is 3.5.

This is a dormant thread but I wanted to give it a try and see if someone can help. I've applied to TSU for 2017 and I have an interview in November. The only pre-req. I am missing is Medical Terminology. I live in San Antonio currently and I got my B.S. In Biochemistry from SUNY Binghamton in 2010. I can take the class I'm missing at Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, but the only Medical Terminology class there is offered through the Kinesiology Dept. TSU said they won't accept it.

For any other students that went to UTSA, how did you fulfill the Medical Terminolgy pre-req? Where did you take it?

Thanks!