Program-Specific Info / Q's TTUHSC OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabeOT1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm reaching out to learn more about Texas Tech and their OT program! If there are any current students, alumni, or other future students who may be applying there, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm reaching out to learn more about Texas Tech and their OT program! If there are any current students, alumni, or other future students who may be applying there, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks so much!!
Hi! I have applied to TX Tech this cycle and have an interview in October. I'm curious to know how their interviews are set up..

I've applied there as well! I haven't heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
SBWallace and wannabeOT2, are you Texas residents? I'm from out-of-state. What about Texas Tech do you like? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the program! Thanks!

SBWallace and wannabeOT2, are you Texas residents? I'm from out-of-state. What about Texas Tech do you like? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the program! Thanks!
Yes, I'm from Texas! I work with 2 occupational therapists that went to tech for the MOT program. They say that the program was great! They liked all the professors and they felt that the class was very close and worked together well. They both also said they felt confident after graduating and taking the nbcot.

Yes, I'm from Texas! I work with 2 occupational therapists that went to tech for the MOT program. They say that the program was great! They liked all the professors and they felt that the class was very close and worked together well. They both also said they felt confident after graduating and taking the nbcot.

Thanks for your feedback!!

I am not a Texas resident. But I have heard good things about the program. One of the traveling OTs I met said it was a well organized program with smaller class sizes.

Hi! I have applied to TX Tech this cycle and have an interview in October. I'm curious to know how their interviews are set up..
Congrats on your interview! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine late August and am anxiously waiting to hear back!

Congrats on your interview! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine late August and am anxiously waiting to hear back!
Hi! I submitted my application the last week of July.

Hey everyone! I'm a current MOT student at TTUHSC. The program is great so far. Really organized, hands on, and super caring professors. Not to mention it's extremly affordable and has had a 100% first time NBCOT pass rates for a few years. I have no doubt that I am being properly prepared to be the best OT I can be. The program does rolling acceptions and has about 5 interview dates staring early October and ending late January. So don't panic if you haven't received an interview invite yet. I didn't receive mine until January where as some of my classmates received theirs as early as September. Even if you get waitlisted don't give up hope. I was accepted off the waitlist about a month before the program started. My best advice is to apply as soon as possible! Best of luck!

Hey everyone! I'm a current MOT student at TTUHSC. The program is great so far. Really organized, hands on, and super caring professors. Not to mention it's extremly affordable and has had a 100% first time NBCOT pass rates for a few years. I have no doubt that I am being properly prepared to be the best OT I can be. The program does rolling acceptions and has about 5 interview dates staring early October and ending late January. So don't panic if you haven't received an interview invite yet. I didn't receive mine until January where as some of my classmates received theirs as early as September. Even if you get waitlisted don't give up hope. I was accepted off the waitlist about a month before the program started. My best advice is to apply as soon as possible! Best of luck!

HI! My interview is in October, any advice on what to expect- like how it is set up and what not? How many applicants are there at each interview? Thank you for any help!

HI! My interview is in October, any advice on what to expect- like how it is set up and what not? How many applicants are there at each interview? Thank you for any help!

Well I did my interview via webcam. It's set up with 2 professors and one student. They all take turns asking questions. It's not intimidating at all so be sure to be relaxed. After the interview I was given about 25-30 min to complete a writing sample that consisted of 2 questions. If you're interviewing on campus the process is similar except you get to talk with current students and ask them any questions you have. Also you do a hands on activity with the other people being interviewed. Your performance is evaluated so please don't goof around. It's individual interviews but I'm not sure how many applicants will be at each interview. Good luck!

Well I did my interview via webcam. It's set up with 2 professors and one student. They all take turns asking questions. It's not intimidating at all so be sure to be relaxed. After the interview I was given about 25-30 min to complete a writing sample that consisted of 2 questions. If you're interviewing on campus the process is similar except you get to talk with current students and ask them any questions you have. Also you do a hands on activity with the other people being interviewed. Your performance is evaluated so please don't goof around. It's individual interviews but I'm not sure how many applicants will be at each interview. Good luck!
Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Texas Tech after their interview?

Has anyone heard back from Texas Tech after their interview?
I have not heard anything yet, were you at last weekends interview?

Yea, I was! Haven't heard anything either. Hopefully they will be sending out responses soon.

Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is driving me crazy!

I haven't even heard anything back after sending in my application :penguin:

Has anyone called the admissions and asked what the status is?
I've been checking my mailbox & email like crazy.

Has anyone called the admissions and asked what the status is?
I've been checking my mailbox & email like crazy.
I haven't called, but I sure want to!! Lol

Hello Ladies I was also at the interview on the 7th and have not heard anything yet. I'm getting very anxious!

Have any of yall heard of other people hearing a response yet?
I remember them saying during the interview, that last week they were supposed to get together and start making decisions

The falculty has been dealing with midterm grades and advising students for most of the week. Now that that's all over I'm sure you guys will hear back veryyyy soon. They'll send an email or call you (I received a phone call then an email).

Just heard back this morning! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I received my e-mail this morning! Good luck everyone!

Everyone check your email!!

Yay! I checked mine! It came in at 9am

Ahh! What if I haven't heard back yet? I submitted my transcripts and everything about 2-3 weeks ago. :( Are they all done with interviews?

Ahh! What if I haven't heard back yet? I submitted my transcripts and everything about 2-3 weeks ago. :( Are they all done with interviews?
I've heard they do like 5 rounds of interviews, so don't worry! I applied in early August and they didn't contact me for an interview until late September. Hang tight! I'm sure you'll be hearing back soon

Hey everyone I just applied to Texas Tech MOT program, I assuming that everyone turned in their applications for the early entry? Because the deadline is November 15. Does anyone mind to tell me their stats. I just hope that my stats are good enough.

Does anyone know when the next round of interviews for TTUHSC will be held?

Does anyone know when the next round of interviews for TTUHSC will be held?
I'm not sure when the next round of interviews will be. But, during the Fall I do know that they schedule interviews when football games are either away or on a bye week. So, you can estimate when interviews will be scheduled based on the football schedule! :)

Thank you! I haven't received an interview invite as of now. :S

I just finished the 11/11 interview. Hoping to hear back soon.

Does anyone living in the area know of any good apartment complexes? I'm trying to find somewhere to live! Thanks!

I just applied yesterday (deadline date).

Can you guys post your stats?
Also when did you apply to Texas, have you interviewed and if you've received any status notification

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Do you know if they're done with interviews?

Did you get accepted? Can you please post your stats? Thanks!
HI!
I applied the same week that applications opened. I had a 3.6ish overall, 3.9ish for last 60, and 4.0 prerequisite. I had 200+observation hours in 3 settings and was/am currently working as an OT tech at an outpatient orthopedic clinic.
Goodluck!!

Last edited:
HI!
I applied the same week that applications opened. I had a 3.6ish overall, 3.9ish for last 60, and 4.0 prerequisite. I had 200+observation hours in 3 settings and was/am currently working as an OT tech at an outpatient orthopedic clinic.
Goodluck!!
Was this your first time applying to OT school? I hear that many don't get accepted their first time around. :(

Was this your first time applying to OT school? I hear that many don't get accepted their first time around. :(
Yes this was my first time applying. I don't know anything for sure, but from everything I've read/heard from the past years they normally have like 5 sets of interviews..Maybe?

Anyone hear anything back from the 11/11 interview?

HI!
Goodluck!!

I hope they still have plenty of spaces. Thanks for sharing. Are you from Texas? Im from CA.