Program-Specific Info / Q's TTUHSC OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone living in the area know of any good apartment complexes? I'm trying to find somewhere to live! Thanks!
One of the OT's that I work with stayed in the gateway lubbock apartments with 3 other students in the ot program. ..she said they were a good and inexpensive place to live.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy cow. I just got the acceptance email from Texas Tech a few minutes ago. I'm SHOCKED. :wideyed: It's my first year applying, haven't completed physics, have an F on my transcript I had to retake (forgot to drop it), my stats aren't the best compared to many others, and I have ~40 shadowing hours. Stranger things have happened! LoL So yay anyways! :soexcited: Is there a page started for our class?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Holy cow. I just got the acceptance email from Texas Tech a few minutes ago. I'm SHOCKED. :wideyed: It's my first year applying, haven't completed physics, have an F on my transcript I had to retake (forgot to drop it), my stats aren't the best compared to many others, and I have ~40 shadowing hours. Stranger things have happened! LoL So yay anyways! :soexcited: Is there a page started for our class?
That is amazing news!! Congratulations!!! :D

One of the OT's that I work with stayed in the gateway lubbock apartments with 3 other students in the ot program. ..she said they were a good and inexpensive place to live.
Awesome! Thanks for the help! :)

Congratulations!!!!

I received an e-mail 3 days ago that they received everything they needed. Anyone know when the next round of interviews are?

I received an e-mail 3 days ago that they received everything they needed. Anyone know when the next round of interviews are?

Thank you!! And the email I received offered interview invitations on Nov 11, Dec 3, and Jan 27. There may be more, but I know of those.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in 25Twenty and I love it. Also check out The avenue and The Edge.
Hi! If i remember correctly, you're a current student at TTUHSC, correct?
Do you think that if we haven't received an interview invite as of now, we can assume we have been rejected?

I haven't seen any pages started for our class but hopefully someone makes one soon!

Do you think that if we haven't received an interview invite as of now, we can assume we have been rejected?

Yes I second this question!! Anyone have an idea?

Hey! Yes i am a current student. No please don't assume you're rejected. It takes time to go through all of the applications. They have about 2-3 more dates for interviews left. I submitted my application right before the deadline last year ( early November) and didn't hear back until late December- early January. If you still haven't received an invite yet just look at it as your file is still being looked at. They do not hesitate to send out rejections lol. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Yes i am a current student. No please don't assume you're rejected. It takes time to go through all of the applications. They have about 2-3 more dates for interviews left. I submitted my application right before the deadline last year ( early November) and didn't hear back until late December- early January. If you still haven't received an invite yet just look at it as your file is still being looked at. They do not hesitate to send out rejections lol. Good luck!
Thank you for your response!! :)
I really hope so! :( The waiting game sucks, lol.

Did anyone submit the application in October and already received an invitation to interview?

Currently, yes. TWU's response may change that, however, since it's my first choice. Are you?
Same, I am putting down my $100 deposit but still accepting interviews as they come.

Has anyone received an interview invitation recently?

I haven't either. But i applied a day before the deadline... When did you guys apply?

I haven't either. But i applied a day before the deadline... When did you guys apply?
I applied in October. I called them last week and they said they're still reviewing applications and sending out invites!

Did anyone apply to any other schools in Texas? I applied to Tech, UTMB, and TWU. I have an interview with UTMB in January. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should apply to Abilene.

Did anyone apply to any other schools in Texas? I applied to Tech, UTMB, and TWU. I have an interview with UTMB in January. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should apply to Abilene.
Nope. Only Texas Tech. :xf:

Has anyone heard back from the 12/2 - 12/3 interviews yet?

Does anyone know what the typical schedule looks like for Tech's OT students such as how many days a week they've had classes in past semesters? Also, I'm curious if anyone knows which courses were known to be really tough or any info like that.

Does anyone know what the typical schedule looks like for Tech's OT students such as how many days a week they've had classes in past semesters? Also, I'm curious if anyone knows which courses were known to be really tough or any info like that.
I replied to your last thread but forgot to answer the other half. I was told Gross Anatomy was tough. That's one of the first courses you'll take this summer.

I'm a current OT student at TTUHSC. We currently have classes Monday- Thursday (8:30am-3:50pm M & T and 8:30am- 2:50 Thurs). No classes Friday and are done by 10:20am on Wednesdays. Every semester we have one day a week where we get out of class super early. The actual times of classes change each semester. This is only my 3rd semester so so far just gross anatomy and kinesiology were tough.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a current OT student at TTUHSC. We currently have classes Monday- Thursday (8:30am-3:50pm M & T and 8:30am- 2:50 Thurs). No classes Friday and are done by 10:20am on Wednesdays. Every semester we have one day a week where we get out of class super early. The actual times of classes change each semester. This is only my 3rd semester so so far just gross anatomy and kinesiology were tough.

Hey Hopeandfaith22, I got accepted into ttuhsc mot program and out of curiosity how can you get cpr certified?

Hey y'all! I just got my acceptance letter from TTUHSC today for the MOT program this summer! Tech was my first choice so I'm thrilled! Going to look for the FB site now :)

Hey y'all! I just got my acceptance letter from TTUHSC today for the MOT program this summer! Tech was my first choice so I'm thrilled! Going to look for the FB site now :)

Congrats! There's a thread called TTUHSC Accepted OT but to save you the hassles here's the link to the F

Congrats! There's a TTUHSC Accepted to OT program thread but here's the link to the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/986227398176577/

Can't wait to meet you!

Congrats! There's a thread called TTUHSC Accepted OT but to save you the hassles here's the link to the F

Congrats! There's a TTUHSC Accepted to OT program thread but here's the link to the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/986227398176577/

Can't wait to meet you!
Thank you!!! I am on that FB page! I am the one who just posted recently about looking for a 3rd roommate. Do you know of anyone? Please tell them to contact me if so! Thank you :)