TUCOM finally moved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viv

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello TUCOM fellows and interested parties, TUCOM has finally moved and I had the chance to check it out last weekend. Right now, the place seems very deserted. There were so many abandoned houses and apartments. And tall grasses everywhere. But the buildings that they did finish rennovating looks very new and nice. As of right now, I have no regrets of choosing TUCOM; looking at the new location and facilities that it will have, I think TUCOM can grow into a very good school. I like the place so far. If anyone else has anything to share about TUCOM or will attend TUCOM next year, please voice your opinions. Can't wait to meet y'all (future classmates). Viv TUCOM '03

Members don't see this ad.

Viv,
thanks for the info. I am flying out to Oakland June 17th to scout for apartments in the bay area. I plan to drive onto "the island" to check things out for myself. Will there be any problems getting onto it? Is the TUCOM facilities on the south side of the island? Also, although the housing looked deserted, did it look like it could possibly be livable?? Do you live in the area out there, and if so do you want to get together and talk?

Hello 8404,
I can't tell you if the houses on the island are livable, but from the look of them from the outside, they don't look too bad if rennovated. I don't know how long it will take them to rennovate the houses though, there are just too many abandonned houses. However, I also looked around in Vallejo around the island, but the housing look so ghetto-like. The neighborhood surrounding the island does not look safe. Anyways, if you want to visit the island, it won't be a problem. Just tell the guard that you have business with TUCOM and he'll let you thru. By the way, I live in San Jose, feel free to email me and we can exchange info via email. Regards, viv

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Viv
It encouraging that Tucom is gradually getting in shape. I'm on the waiting list at both Tucom and COMP. However, I definitely going to go to TUCOM because it's close to home if I get accepted. Right now I just hope that the AOA will approve the proposal to increase the number of student for this year. How do you view about the school and it's potential. Do you think the AOA will approve or not?
By the way, I live in San jose too. Would you mind if we exchange email ?
Moon

I drove around Mare Island on Memorial day. However, I did not locate the school building since I did not know its address. Anyway, the surroundings was quite nice and peaceful with lots of green.
I agree most of Vallejo is not that interesting, however the area near Marin World USA has a lake and nice area for picnic.

TUCOM just updated its www site with lots of info for new students and a FAQ go to:

http://www.sfcom.edu/

I will be in the area around June 26 if anyone interested in getting together for lunch please email me.

chan

Hi, my name is Sati and I am waitlisted at TUCOM pending AOA approval. However, I received a call from Dr. Haight saying he was putting together a list of acceptances because they were sure they would get the go ahead.
So I visted the campus about two days ago and this is what it is like. The island along the coast where the navy is stationed is a dump. There are huge buildings with broken out windows and scrap metal everywhere. However the parts where the homes are is fairly nice but the housing is not worth $1100 a month excluding utilities. Also, it was just fould out 2 days ago that the dorm would not be available for students. This means most students will live in Vallejo, and that city is alright. The campus of the school looks nice and the library is coming along well, but it seems small.
I am praying I will get in, which seems likely and I thought I would let all you who got in know something about the school.
If you would like to email me, my email is [email protected].