MDO is finally here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyDoc24

Reaction score
It is here....after 100+ years:

MDO

from American College of Osteopathic Physicians
American College of Osteopathic Physicians – ACOP – The Future of Osteopathic Medicine

Apply for your MDO credential today
J. Smith, DO, MDO
The MDO ™ credential demonstrates the highest standard for osteopathic physicians. It indicates a commitment to practicing and advancing evidence-based medicine. It differentiates the U.S. D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) physician from the international non-physician D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) ‘osteopath’. What is MDO?

Apply for MDO Credential – 5 minutes
Requirements for MDO applicants:

• Have a U.S. D.O. degree
  • Have a license to practice medicine in good standing in any U.S. state or territory
  • Be without state ethics violations
  • Must subscribe to ACOP’s high standards and beliefs.
  • Must be a member of ACOP (no cost*).
  • Pay credentialing fee of $187. No charge unless approved. (Pre-Application Beta Phase)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
God, the quality of the website though...if this is legit they need to hire better web developers because it looks sketch.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Everyone's new office placard gonna be like...
1595816119626.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users
Hmm but is this worth $187? Seems kinda useless tbh

The only reason this would be valuable is if you want to practice in an international country that doesn't give full license to DOs but will make an exception for this newly created MDO. Until that happens, I will keep my $187

Reactions: 1 users
The only reason this would be valuable is if you want to practice in an international country that doesn't give full license to DOs but will make an exception for this newly created MDO. Until that happens, I will keep my $187

Yeah, most countries don't base practice rights off of degree, they base it off of school/accreditation organization. Therefore this is still meaningless. This is more or less a ploy for a money grab. Its a meaningless "degree".

This organization is basically an "alternative" to the AOA (even one such organization is too many), and as far as I can tell most of the benefits of membership are still "being built".

Reactions: 1 user
It’s no big surprise that I went DO after not making it into MD schools due to academic fu(k-up-ery when I was way younger. MD was my first choice but didn’t happen.

Having said that, I worked damn hard for my DO degree, and I’m going to own that ****. I’m proud of it.

I would never try to fake my way into a different degree. That would feel icky for the rest of my life.

I’m 100% open than I’m a DO to family/friends/patients/whomever. Maybe it cost me some points with some ppl but wtv... I can live with that.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.