tucom secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

careerchanger

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got a secondary -- what does this mean for this school. i would really love to live in the bay area -- am i getting my hopes up for nothing? anybody have any information?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a secondary too...Just turned in my secondary yesterday.

I think that TUCOM sends out secondaries to
about half those who applied, specifically those
that meet their gpa/mcat cut off. Of those,
about 1/4 are offered an interview, and 60% of
those interviewed are accepted. This is the aproximate information that I was told by the admissions director when I interviewed. As with
most schools, the earlier you are interviewed,
the better your chances (especially if it is before the end of the year).
Good luck!

Lotus

Like you, the bay area location was a huge factor in my decision to attend :)

Yes-that's right; but you have good chances once you interview, as long as you can articulate yourself well in front of your peers and nothing horrible happens(they interview you with about 4 others)...I sent my secondary in mid-October, and within a couple weeks I received an interview invite, which I scheduled for the following week. The neat thing is that they meet to review every other week, so you should know if you're accepted relatively quickly. For me, I interviewed on Tuesday, and was accepted the following Monday...I've decided to attend TUCOM next fall-it's really a pretty campus, and you're only a ferryride away from SF. As far as stats, Dr Haight said they receive about 4000 primaries, send secondaries to about 2000, interview about 400, and accept 200 (class size is 125). So good luck on your secondary, and make sure you buff up on your file for an interview, 'cuz they'll ask you about anything you write down, and ask you to explain yourself. And pay attention to the other guys answers and names, because the committee might ask you to sum up what so-and-so said earlier. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'd love it at TUCOM! :)