Tufts 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dewballs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's not one of these yet. I'm wondering who here is going and who's looking for apartments. I'm from the area and was thinking about possibly splitting a 2 bed in either the fenway or cambridge. But anyway, where's all the other tufts people?

Members don't see this ad.

whats up! my wife and i are actively looking for places either on the south shore or north shore but possibly to buy. we found a cool new place on revere beach. I was wondering what you thought about that area... around revere beach. thanks for starting one of these :)

Dewballs- check out the facebook group if you haven't yet already

Blando- I'm from northshore mass and I plan on commuting. I think it should be like 30-40 min from revere on the T which isn't too bad. I know people that live in apartments right near the beach in Revere and they love it. Like in many places, there are good and bad parts of the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anybody that lives near Revere beach but it's an alright area. You're near Saugus, Winthrop, Chelsea and East Boston and it's really not that far from school so you'll be alright there.

When I was a student at Tufts, I used to live in Salem and traveled back and forth by the B & M commuter rail in and out of North Station. Tufts was a short walk from North Station or else you could pick up the orange line or green line. The trains run by schedule so if you miss one you may have to hang around an hour waiting for the next one. If you like to study late at the library or in the preclin, the last train leaves at midnight and if you miss it you will have to call for a ride or take a taxi home. The train runs through Lynn, Swampscott, Salem, Beverly and on up to Gloucester/Rockport or Newburyport.

Right now I commute every day into the city by driving to Wonderland Station
in Revere and taking the Blue Line. Revere has some nice condo buildings on the oceanfront but some neighborhoods are marginal. That goes for East Boston and Chelsea as well so you have to be cautious. There are a lot of spanish speaking people who live in these areas and at times when I am on the Blue Line I feel like I am the only person on board who speaks English. There is definitely a third world feeling to it.

third world feeling!? wow dude.... that hurt!

I will be going to Tufts next year and I’m also looking for an apartment and for a roommate(s). I know that I want to live close to campus.... I was thinking maybe the South End?

south end is pretty pricey.. south boston (there is a difference) is a little less expensive. but yea i'm also doing the house-hunting thing right now, haven't quite decided whether i want to get into a roommate situation or not

uh dorms anyone?

I am interested in applying to Tuft. What were your stats like if you don't mind me asking. Sorry for the OT.

Thanks

Did anyone hear back if they have received 2nd deposit? I am trying to ask on the phone but no one is answering. I have left them a message and email, hope this is enough. Do they get back to you???????

Hello everybody.

I'm doing the apartment thing myself, but I have no clue where to live. All that matters to me is that the area where I live is safe to walk through late at night. I don't want a long commute (~20 min.) and want to be on the orange line. Any suggestions?

I'm also considering staying where I live now and commuting. Does anyone have any information on parking at Tufts? How much does it cost for students, any special rates? Where is the parking lot, T-NEMC?

Congrats to everyone. See you in August.

anyone else doing the MD/MPH combined degree?

Did anyone hear back if they have received 2nd deposit? I am trying to ask on the phone but no one is answering. I have left them a message and email, hope this is enough. Do they get back to you???????

its spring break at tufts right now. call back next monday.

i'm dorming too. it's funny bc from reading some of these i can tell who's who (i know two ppl here it seems). anyway i hope the dorms are not crappy.

well the other thing is i just got accepted into USC. but apprently there's this one dude on SDN who goes there and hates the crap out of the place. makes me scared, but it is in CA (where i'm from).

anyway i've already plugged $2000 into this school and i don't know, i get the feeling Tufts is super organized about things and they'll be good to us.