Tufts & BU interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interviews in Tufts and Bu next month. Can you tell me about your interviews in these schools? What did they ask and how was it?

Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at both fairly close together and they are very similar-sometimes they blend together. Tufts is a more formal day, with a meeting, tour, lunch with students, interviews and q&a session. Its good to come prepared with a couple of good questions since they will go around the room until they get like twenty questions then they will answer them all. The interview is blind--they don't know a thing about you. If, during the day, you express an interest in something, ie research, they often will have you interviewed by someone in that field etc...you know what I mean. Tufts has a very professional atmosphere and I personally really liked it and will be attending. As for BU, it is a similarly structured day but a little less formal. The tour is conducted by a student and is kind of a tour and info session at the same time-wear comfortable shoes and perhaps leave your sportscoat in the admissions office cause you do a lot of standing. The student shows you a lot of the campus and its nice because he lets you know the ins and outs of BU as you tour. The interviews are at the end of the day right before financial aid. They are informal, the person knows your file, and, at least for me, I was accepted on the spot--apparently they made a decision even before my interview which means the interview is probably just a freak check. They just ask the typical questions-why? they asked about my personal statement as well--so reread yours cause its probably been a while since you've seen it. Well I hope this helps, good luck...if you have anymore questions post here or email me.