-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2018 applicants
Started by cadisestrama
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck on your interview! Mine's not until next week.
Thank you! I think (hope) it went well - if anyone has any questions about the day let me know 🙂
Hey everyone who interviewed already: who interviewed you? do you know when we hear final decisions once we have our interview? any other advice you'd like to give other than whats on the feedback page? thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was interviewed by two faculty members. You'll be given a sheet when you check in that tells you who your interviewers are and a bit of info about them (degrees, alma maters, what they teach, maybe hobbies). I interviewed on a Friday and heard back on the following Monday, but I'm not sure if that's been the case for every round.
Just review your experiences, think about why you want to be a vet, and try to have an intelligent and fun conversation with your interviewers. My experience was very pleasant and very low key. Good luck!!!
Just review your experiences, think about why you want to be a vet, and try to have an intelligent and fun conversation with your interviewers. My experience was very pleasant and very low key. Good luck!!!
Good luck on your interviews this week! Hope I see some of y'all! 🙂
My interview was very laid back last year. Tomorrow will be my second time interviewing and I'm actually a lot more nervous than I thought I would be...
Ah don't worry. I'm super nervous too.
Last edited:
As long as you know why you want to be a vet, you should be fine. I had my interview this past Wednesday. I was paired with an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Kirker-Head, and another professor, Dr. Mann. Since I demonstrated an interest in orthopedics, I had a lovely conversation about some of my experiences. It was great being interviewed by someone who works in the field I am interested in. It made it that much more easier to express my passion to become a vet.
On another note, who else was totally devastated by the financial aid presentation. A max of $8400 in grants per student?! Ouch.
On another note, who else was totally devastated by the financial aid presentation. A max of $8400 in grants per student?! Ouch.
Carl Kirker-Head is amazing (and world-renowned). I recall meeting and interacting with him while I was an extern at Tufts during my undergraduate years. Very nice person, super accomplished within the field of equine orthopedics. Consider yourself incredibly fortunate to have interviewed with such a luminary in your chosen field of specialization. I'll never forget the time I spent with him.As long as you know why you want to be a vet, you should be fine. I had my interview this past Wednesday. I was paired with an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Kirker-Head, and another professor, Dr. Mann. Since I demonstrated an interest in orthopedics, I had a lovely conversation about some of my experiences. It was great being interviewed by someone who works in the field I am interested in. It made it that much more easier to express my passion to become a vet.
On another note, who else was totally devastated by the financial aid presentation. A max of $8400 in grants per student?! Ouch.
I LOVE TUFTS!! The faculty and students are sooooo passionate about the school and all super nice and the wildlife clinic and all the opportunities here are soooo awesome!! And all the other applicants are also super awesome - I would love to be classmates with them! I would just be over the moon for an acceptance. 

People who already interviewed, when and how did you hear your final decision ?
I interviewed in Dec. on a Friday. On Monday midmorning I got an email saying the portal would update with my decision at 4 p.m. that day. It didn't update because of technical errors but admissions emailed me that night with my offer, apologizing for the tech error that nearly caused me a heart attack. 🙂
For those who interviewed in Jan/Feb, you'll probably hear your final decision by end of February/early March.People who already interviewed, when and how did you hear your final decision ?
For those who interviewed in Jan/Feb, you'll probably hear your final decision by end of February/early March.
Aww that's so late. I thought it would be like around Feb 19 like last year.. Awww. That's so sad. Time to start working on feng shui, finding a four-leaf clover, and looking for shooting stars...
Wait till after the 20th to auto refresh your email constantlyAww that's so late. I thought it would be like around Feb 19 like last year.. Awww. That's so sad. Time to start working on feng shui, finding a four-leaf clover, and looking for shooting stars...![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is everybody holding up? I am getting more nervous by the day.
I think about Tufts (and how great the interview day was) all the time! I would be so so happy to get in. It's currently tied for the top of my list with Penn right now, but I haven't heard back from either (just interviewed at Penn last Friday) so I don't even want to think about "choosing" between them in case the decision is just made for me. 🙂 I would be overjoyed to go to either school, seriously.
did anyone else who attended the dual degree talk get an email with an application to apply for it?
I did!!did anyone else who attended the dual degree talk get an email with an application to apply for it?
do you think that means anything?!I did!!
I don't think so. I think that the application for the program is due the first and so they had to send it out to any interviewees that showed interest. Do you think it means something?do you think that means anything?!
im not sure because it's due the day we get our decisions so whats the point of applying if we didn't get in..it prob doesn't mean anything but one can be hopeful 🙂I don't think so. I think that the application for the program is due the first and so they had to send it out to any interviewees that showed interest. Do you think it means something?
At least everyone who checked the MPH box on that paper that went around.I kind of assumed they sent it to everyone who interviewed, right??
Yep, that was my impression, too. I didn't take it to mean anything other than I checked that box.At least everyone who checked the MPH box on that paper that went around.
Nope. They do it eeeevery year. Kind of cruel actually for those who eventually get rejected.do you think that means anything?!
hoping today is the day!
hoping today is the day!
Me too. But apparently they were closed on Tues at 1 due to a snow storm maybe they're experiencing weather-related issues? And don't they send an email regarding when they'll update the portal? Being the pessimist that I am, I'm guessing that the "by March 1st" means... probably next Fri, 2/28 since March 1st is a Saturday... 🙁 ? Though I'm not expecting good news.
😆🤣(I'm sorry. I think I'm high off rejections right now).Probably the wrong thread but does Tufts consider the analytical section of the GRE?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whelps. I was totally wrong. It's today!!! YAY!! So nervous and excited! 😛
Nope not until after 3pm ESTAre decisions up?
Decisions are up. Rejected. So bummed.
HOLY CRAP IM IN!!! AHHHH vibrating right now can't handle this.
Don't give up hope waitlisters! Two of the three current students I stayed with for the interview were waitlisted initially and they're there now!
Don't give up hope waitlisters! Two of the three current students I stayed with for the interview were waitlisted initially and they're there now!
Waitlisted too. Hanging in there!!!
I got in too!!!!!!!!! Omg I'm in shock haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to those who've been accepted so far! And best of luck to those still waiting!
I am super stoked to be accepted to tufts, I love their program and all the people I met there!! My only concerns involve living in that area, I'm hoping maybe some current students can speak to this? Are there any good/fun restaurants and bars and such in the area? What about things to do? My brief visit definitely made it look in the middle of nowhere, but I wasn't there very long. I have a SO who might be coming with me and I want him to have places to go and things to do without having to go all the way out to Boston while I'm busy with school. Or at least have realistic expectations of what's available if he does come with me. Any input is appreciated! 🙂