You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2019 applicants!
Started by HowIMetYourPet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I thought I had all the information for tomorrow in one of the several emails I've received from Tufts, but now I can't find anything!! Everything takes place in the Administration Building right? Which lots are we allowed to park in / are there signs?
I thought I had all the information for tomorrow in one of the several emails I've received from Tufts, but now I can't find anything!! Everything takes place in the Administration Building right? Which lots are we allowed to park in / are there signs?
You can park right outside the admin building (where everything happens. Tours also meet inside the foyer there) or there'll be a guy there to point you in the right place.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can park right outside the admin building (where everything happens. Tours also meet inside the foyer there) or there'll be a guy there to point you in the right place.
Thanks!!
There really aren't that many buildings, and they had pretty straightforward signs, you can park right by the admin building. It won't be hard to find!
Wow 8/8 that's really promising! I'm glad things are working out for you this round 🙂I applied to 8 🙂 This is my second cycle, and so I'm absolutely thrilled 🙂 I have acceptances from SGU and Glasgow.
That being said I REALLY like Tufts, they would give my IS a real run for its money, but I must say.... the idea of getting blizzards in the winter, and getting this much snow is a bit overwhelming!!
I asked Patty when I interviewed last Monday and she said by the middle of February. But that was before this week's weather problems caused people to miss their interviews so it'll probably be a bit later than that. But she did say that we would receive an email alert telling us to check our portals to see the decision. Nothing is coming through snail mail.Hi! This is my first time posting on SDN - I just had my interview at Tuft's yesterday and LOVED it! I was just wondering if anyone had heard when we'd hear decisions? because I'm dying to know. Good luck to everyone!!
I just got an email from Tufts and had a mini heart attack before I realized that it was just for a seminar series coming up hahaha
I just got an email from Tufts and had a mini heart attack before I realized that it was just for a seminar series coming up hahaha
SAME. I. About. Died.
Did anyone else just get an email about applying to the DVM/MPH program?
Yes, and I thought it was notice that decisions were made! I'm not sure my heart can take much more of this...Did anyone else just get an email about applying to the DVM/MPH program?
Because of all the snow they had to reschedule some interviews for the 18th so you won't hear anything about decisions until after that. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ford said everyone will know no later than March 1st. It could be earlier than that though.
Figures. I was really hoping for a within-48-hours response though. 😉
I would be on the look out next week. He said March was the latest so they might get decisions out earlier. The admissions counsel was meeting up to start making final decisions as I was leaving yesterday!Figures. I was really hoping for a within-48-hours response though. 😉
Seriously, Tufts is KILLING me with all of these information e-mails... I have a mini heart attack every time I see an e-mail from them....
I think they're just messing with us at this point.Seriously, Tufts is KILLING me with all of these information e-mails... I have a mini heart attack every time I see an e-mail from them....
WHEN WILL WE KNOW! I can't wait any longer! Someone call Ford and demand answers!!
I'm hoping it's tomorrow. "Annie" will be in my head all day.
I think it's going to be tomorrow as well. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.I'm hoping it's tomorrow. "Annie" will be in my head all day.
By email, do you think?
They send you an email telling you to check your portal and an admission status will be postedBy email, do you think?
Yes. Patty said that we would receive an email letting us know our portals had been updated. We will have to log in there to view our admissions decisions.By email, do you think?
Check your email!
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!
Edit: OOS from Chicago, IL
Edit: OOS from Chicago, IL
Last edited:
ACCEPTED! oos from illinois wow so happy!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feel like I'm going to win the award for most Alternate spots this cycle. Honestly disappointed.
Accepted!!!
Alternate as well :/ That's my third this year
Alternate....I'm looking on the bright side, at least we won't have to deal with 7 feet of snow in the winters!!!
Since I currently live in Boston, that was going to be one of my reasons for NOT choosing Tufts hahaha 😉Alternate....I'm looking on the bright side, at least we won't have to deal with 7 feet of snow in the winters!!!
I thought the confetti on the website was a nice touch [emoji12]
Their website says that "Approximately 275 candidates are invited to the campus for an interview in February," although I heard the number 290 for this year. If there are 98 seats then that leaves between 177 and 192 people max on the waitlist possibly? I'm not sure what the method to their waitlist madness is, but it sure seems like a hassle to reconvene the admissions committee every time someone declines their seat!I'm an alternate as :/ But I don't understand how they don't have rankings for it....that makes no sense to me......if someone rejects their application how do they decided who to let in....also does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist
I know some schools (or at least nc state) doesn't rank because they actually do reconvene and chose someone with interests similar to the student who denies their spot in order to maintain a diverse accepted class. So if it's similar it's total luck if you get in but it may not be that way with tuftsI'm an alternate as :/ But I don't understand how they don't have rankings for it....that makes no sense to me......if someone rejects their application how do they decided who to let in....also does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist
Their website says that "Approximately 275 candidates are invited to the campus for an interview in February," although I heard the number 290 for this year. If there are 98 seats then that leaves between 177 and 192 people max on the waitlist possibly? I'm not sure what the method to their waitlist madness is, but it sure seems like a hassle to reconvene the admissions committee every time someone declines their seat!
I think they are one of those schools that waits until after April 15th to start calling alternates if there are free spots. So they probably don't rank until after April 15th. Or maybe they do and just say they don't so people don't call them about their position.
I'm convinced Admissions is this secret magical place that either sits behind a wardrobe full of musty, furry coats or is located under a trap-door guarded by a drooling three-headed dog, and nobody knows the goings on unless you happen to be a fictional character with time/space traveling abilities and a wand.
The ten or so people I know all have heard. Maybe call? My email was in my spam just as an FYIHas anyone else who interviewed not heard anything yet? My portal has yet to update...
Just arrived in Boston for tomorrow's admitted student day! I can't wait to see the school when it's NOT in the middle of a blizzard! [emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be there too! Really excited!
Any accepted applicants hear about financial aid yet? They said it would be out in April...
OOS from Maine! Hope to see all the people I met interviewing on February 11th in the Fall!