You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2027 Hopefuls
Started by flotus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hi all! i'm a current second year at tufts. i'm not on this site super often anymore, but feel free to tag me or reach out if you have any questions about the school, life in central mass, things like that. my focus is largely in the wildlife realm, but i have some friends involved in different areas as well.
good luck!
good luck!
I’m a 3rd year interested in mixed animal. Happy to answer any questions 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a recent Tufts grad and also happy to answer any questions 🙂
Of course!@DrBoopSnoot @cbucks @WonderingStudent @max_wildlife would any of you all be willing to look over my wamc thread and let me know if I’m competitive for Tufts? I have to make an update to my gpa on it. But I’d love y’alls’ opinions. I could tag you there 🙂)
Hey all! Just confirming that people haven't yet received the link to pay the application fee for Tufts yet 🙂 I know on VMCAS it says they'll send it within a week of the 9/15 application deadline, but I think in years past they sent it out pretty soon after that deadline so I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything!
Hi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
D
deleted1145148
I just received my email today at 11am to submit the fee!Nothing here yet either.
first time oos!
First time OOS interested in large animal and orthopedics! Does anyone know if the application portal will update statuses? All mine really says is "thank you for submitting, this portal will let you monitor the process". Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I've already paid the supplemental fee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is the same right now! Also wondering what it will look when/if it updates.First time OOS interested in large animal and orthopedics! Does anyone know if the application portal will update statuses? All mine really says is "thank you for submitting, this portal will let you monitor the process". Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I've already paid the supplemental fee.
yep the portal will change and update statuses! at least it did a couple years ago.First time OOS interested in large animal and orthopedics! Does anyone know if the application portal will update statuses? All mine really says is "thank you for submitting, this portal will let you monitor the process". Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I've already paid the supplemental fee.
Mine is the same right now! Also wondering what it will look when/if it updates.
Thank you both, that's a relief!yep the portal will change and update statuses! at least it did a couple years ago.
I did as wellHey y’all, did everyone get the financial aid notification?
Well, in my opinion, your experience stands out more than anyone's I've ever read on here. If it were up to me I'd give you a chance. Rooting for you, stranger 🙂Hi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
hey, as a 30 year old second-year student that applied and got in with a meh gpa, and with many friends here in their later 30s and some in their 40s — i don’t think they’ll see you as an old burnt out tech/practice manager. tufts likes having non-traditional students on board, and admissions seems to love a good backstoryHi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
Last edited:
I don't think they'll view that as negative at all- in fact I think they'll view it in a much more positive light! My vet who has helped my family for years and who I gained experience with had an entirely different career for a while prior to considering vet school- but she said that admissions told her she stood out as a potential leader thanks to her experience and it really helped her out. I think having a high volume of both technician skills and practice management experience will seriously benefit you! I hope you get accepted!!!Hi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
Someone on reddit said they got an interview invite, has anyone else?
Shut uppppp! I wish ;(Someone on reddit said they got an interview invite, has anyone else?
eleanor713
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything🙁
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
Shut uppppp! I wish ;(
Me too! I havent heard of anyone else hearing back from them. The user also recently posted in an MIT subreddit about admissions so they may be talking about undergrad? It was in the vet school sub so who knows.
I do know most of their interview invites go out after the new year (I’m pretty sure)! I know in the past they sent out a select few mid December but the rest went out later.Me too! I havent heard of anyone else hearing back from them. The user also recently posted in an MIT subreddit about admissions so they may be talking about undergrad? It was in the vet school sub so who knows.
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
I do know most of their interview invites go out after the new year (I’m pretty sure)! I know in the past they sent out a select few mid December but the rest went out later.
UPDATE: they were indeed an undergrad student commenting in the vet school sub
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they email you or update your portal or call you? was it an early thing or something? I thought most go out after new years?
are you sure it was for the vet school? in the email Tufts just sent, they said "The December 16 financial aid deadline occurs before interview and admission offers will be made."OOS interview invite today!
Did they email or update the portal?OOS interview invite today!
I got an email!did they email you or update your portal or call you? was it an early thing or something? I thought most go out after new years?
Yes my interview is a few days after the financial aid deadline 🙂are you sure it was for the vet school? in the email Tufts just sent, they said "The December 16 financial aid deadline occurs before interview and admission offers will be made."
Tyler525
Full Member
Congrats!! I got an email reminding me about the financial aid deadline today but nothing regarding an interview. Are you IS or OOS?Yes my interview is a few days after the financial aid deadline 🙂
eleanor713
Full Member
Congrats! They have 1 interview day December 19 so they said there will be some invites sent out for that interview and then the rest are in January and February
I am OOSCongrats!! I got an email reminding me about the financial aid deadline today but nothing regarding an interview. Are you IS or OOS?
Would you share your cum and science GPA? 🙂I got an email!
-
**and did you already complete your financial aid?
Both were a 4.0 and I did send my fafsa but haven’t finished the rest of the financial aid stuffWould you share your cum and science GPA? 🙂
-
**and did you already complete your financial aid?
Thank you! Congratulations <3Both were a 4.0 and I did send my fafsa but haven’t finished the rest of the financial aid stuff
Tyler525
Full Member
That's fantastic, congrats!! Best of luck on your interview 🙂Both were a 4.0 and I did send my fafsa but haven’t finished the rest of the financial aid stuff
Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.
just seconding this! i didn’t get an interview invite until january 19th, and was accepted feb 22nd.Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct, don’t forget you have to upload your W2s and tax documentsFor the financial aid documents due this week, we have to fill out FAFSA, input our social security, and apply for any scholarships from the schools correct? Am I missing anything?
devhallihan
Full Member
any idea when the next wave of interviews will go out?
I’d guess the 2nd week of January. Maybe end 1st week