Tufts March Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MT2117

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who interviewed at Tufts in March hear anything yet? I believe we are supposed to hear one way or another this week. I interviewed at the beginning of the month on March 4th so I'm pretty anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

i had a 3/27 interview -- the last day! anyway, i was told that they meet this week (i think wednesday) and we should hear something by early next week at the latest. :luck: to both of us!

Good Luck!

I was accepted at Tufts in December, but my fiance was put on "active consideration" last month. I'm really hoping they actually review that list and give us some good news this week!

Did they happen to mention when they though the emails/calls would be coming out? I know in December they were pretty good about notifying people just a few days after the meeting.....

They didn't mention anything about the number of students put on the waitlist did they?

Thanks, and hope to see you both at TUSM in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, he did not specify how many people were put on active consideration. He said that they interview between 850 - 900 and accept about 400 (they over accept since they know some people will not choose to go there).

I did read another thread where someone said they were accepted off of the active consideration list last week. He got a call on Thursday so maybe the meet every Wednesday or something like that... not positive.

Good luck to both of you as well. It would be pretty cool if both you and your fiance were accepted at the same school!

Anyone who interviewed at Tufts in March hear anything yet? I believe we are supposed to hear one way or another this week. I interviewed at the beginning of the month on March 4th so I'm pretty anxious.
I interviewed March 13th and interviewed. I have no acceptances yet. I hope this comes through!!!

I believe they met yesterday... you guys hear anything yet?

I believe they met yesterday... you guys hear anything yet?

I spoke to Angela in the office later on Tuesday and she said the meeting is today. Also, it sounds like they get a decision to us quickly: Dean Matias told me on my interview day that I should contact them if I don't hear anything by early next week.

Anyway, no news here yet. Good luck to all of us!

I spoke to Angela in the office later on Tuesday and she said the meeting is today. Also, it sounds like they get a decision to us quickly: Dean Matias told me on my interview day that I should contact them if I don't hear anything by early next week.

Good to know- thank you for calling & good luck!

Here's hoping it's today!!!!

I'll of course post ASAP is my fiance hears anything..... I got the call on a Friday in December- so hopefully it will be the same this month!!!! (but, I know some people don't get calls, and it took about another week for my official email to arrive, and about another week for the snail mail letter.... not to make anyone sweat or anything! )

Oh, I didn't realize you get a call... i've been checking my email 50 times a day.

Oh, I didn't realize you get a call... i've been checking my email 50 times a day.
i got the email about 7 hours before i got the call...so don't give up with the email checking haha. I got the email at 11:55am (i'm in the same time zone as boston). good luck everyone!

i got the email about 7 hours before i got the call...so don't give up with the email checking haha. I got the email at 11:55am (i'm in the same time zone as boston). good luck everyone!

thanks for satisfying our neurotic obsession, to the minute!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in March and got this e-mail yesterday. Does anyone know if it is a good or bad sign?

I am writing to request that you return to your online secondary application and update your contact information, especially your mailing address.

We expect to be mailing decision letters later this week or early next week to applicants who interviewed with us in March. Please be sure your mailing address is the correct address for us to use for a letter sent at this time.

Yea, we all get that just so they make sure they have your most up-to-date information. It just means they are sending out information one way or another soon and want to make sure it gets to you. It's neither good or bad, except for the fact that you'll hear something soon.

My guess is that if you only got that email yesterday, you may not be hearing until monday. If I remember correctly, I got that email on a thursday and the calls went out on tuesday of the following week. It took even a few more days for the dreaded "active consideration" emails to come.

So Goosie... what makes you think the AC people might be hearing today? Don't you think the meeting yesterday was just for the March interviews?

I've been so nervous and kinda wanting to throw up for the past couple of days. They need to put me out of my misery....with an acceptance...that would be nice.:oops:

I got my call just a few minutes ago and I got accepted!!!! Yay!!! Thansk to all the SDNer's you are a great support system. Direct accept not WL or AC. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Congrats!!! Me Too!!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Did you guys get acceptance e-mails yet?

Hello,

I interviewed in March also. If I have not yet received a response, should I assume AC or rejected?

Hello,

I interviewed in March also. If I have not yet received a response, should I assume AC or rejected?
Well until you get the letter don't assume anything. I got a call at4pm on friday. It may be quiet possible that the dean was running late and you will. get a call on monday.Hang in there

Anyone hear yet today... I'm getting pretty bummed after ready that calls already went out on Friday.

So wait a second. To people who got called on friday: were you all March interviewees or did any of you get accepted from AC? Has ANYONE from AC heard anything yet?:confused:

So wait a second. To people who got called on friday: were you all March interviewees or did any of you get accepted from AC? Has ANYONE from AC heard anything yet?:confused:
I was a March interviewee and no it was not AC. direct accept.

Good Luck!

I was accepted at Tufts in December, but my fiance was put on "active consideration" last month. I'm really hoping they actually review that list and give us some good news this week!

Did they happen to mention when they though the emails/calls would be coming out? I know in December they were pretty good about notifying people just a few days after the meeting.....

They didn't mention anything about the number of students put on the waitlist did they?

Thanks, and hope to see you both at TUSM in the fall!

Anyword, Goosie? I hope so!

Anyword, Goosie? I hope so!

Nothing yet. =(

I'm really hoping that they did the same thing as before- a few random people get phone calls while everyone else waits for an email.......

good luck to everyone else still waiting....

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us waiting!

Just got the active consideration email... pretty discouraged right now, even though it says not to be. Do people actually come off of AC? Has anyone really been rejected yet, or are they just putting every on AC at the moment?

Just got the active consideration email... pretty discouraged right now, even though it says not to be. Do people actually come off of AC? Has anyone really been rejected yet, or are they just putting every on AC at the moment?

Yeah, tons of people come off of it from what I've heard. I'm on it now too. It seems weird to me that they would put someone on it in April though, since interview season is over, shouldnt they start a waitlist or something by now?

Yeah, tons of people come off of it from what I've heard. I'm on it now too. It seems weird to me that they would put someone on it in April though, since interview season is over, shouldnt they start a waitlist or something by now?

That's what I would have thought...they have no more committee meetings, their last one is end of march/beginning of april, when these last decisions came out. I know that the director of admissions is responsible for taking people off the waitlist by himself.

From what I can tell, nobody that was interviewed has been rejected. You either get an acceptance or the AC. Also, nobody has been accepted from AC yet. I would imagine that now that they're done interviewing, they can start to look more closely at the ACers. I just can't stand waiting anymore!!! I interviewed in early November! This is torture.

Good luck to everyone! Hope we hear soon.

active consideration e-mail. booo!

interviewed in jan. and have been on AC...nyarghhh! I'm in the same boat as many of you...excruciating

I know, I am not sure what to do about it!!

Ideas?

From what I can tell, nobody that was interviewed has been rejected. You either get an acceptance or the AC. Also, nobody has been accepted from AC yet. I would imagine that now that they're done interviewing, they can start to look more closely at the ACers. I just can't stand waiting anymore!!! I interviewed in early November! This is torture.

Good luck to everyone! Hope we hear soon.
that's definitely not true, there were lots of people rejected earlier in the season that i spoke to. Maybe people just aren't posting about it because they're upset?

that's definitely not true, there were lots of people rejected earlier in the season that i spoke to. Maybe people just aren't posting about it because they're upset?

Good to know- thanks aaj117!

Really? Ok. Good to know indeed. It seemed to me like it was either AC or acceptance. Thanks for the info aaj117.

AC list here too. This is my third wait list notice - no acceptances yet. I'm not that hopeful for tufts, apparently it's unranked and all very random. Also, the idea of an "active interest" seems a little ridiculous considering they've already had the final commitee meeting. Oh well, we'll see.

I didn't know that, so the committee stops meeting?????

Thats what i was told...only one person is responsible for pulling people off waitlists.

What about Tufts is making you really want to go? I'm genuinely curious because other than location I can't remember anything standing out on my interview day (other than the price tag...)

You're right... it's a terrible school. I'm not sure what we're all thinking.

I didn't mean to offend, I was really interested in what people have to say. I applied because I really want to be in Boston and school in chinatown would be a great experience, but a lot of the current students I met seemed more intent on convincing me that the cost was not that bad.

hey, march interviewee here on the AC list also

What is the difference between the Dean of Admissions and the Director of Admissions?