Tufts March Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denturefairy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I have an interview scheduled for Tufts in early March and from looking at past years I have seen that a lot of the people that interview then are put on the waitlist :( This is my first and only interview and I really want to make it in this year! Plus Tufts is my dream school!!! Can anyone share some insight? And for anyone that has interviewd recently or is interviewing soon if yu can let me know how many seats are available?? I know I read that the last time abut 80 seats/185 were taken but can someone tell me where they are at now?

I really want to get in because I don't want to have to reapply! :xf: Any advice would be appreciated or any comments.

Also who else is interviewing with me?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!!

I have an interview scheduled for Tufts in early March and from looking at past years I have seen that a lot of the people that interview then are put on the waitlist :( This is my first and only interview and I really want to make it in this year! Plus Tufts is my dream school!!! Can anyone share some insight? And for anyone that has interviewd recently or is interviewing soon if yu can let me know how many seats are available?? I know I read that the last time abut 80 seats/185 were taken but can someone tell me where they are at now?

I really want to get in because I don't want to have to reapply! :xf: Any advice would be appreciated or any comments.

Also who else is interviewing with me?:)
I first want to say congratz on your interview and hope you do well.

However, your chance of getting an acceptance will be very low. Many people who get into dental schools in Feb or Mar will not turn down their acceptance, because it's usually their only acceptance. Tufts also has weird waitlist system because they make you put down waitlist deposit, so people who want Tufts as their top choice will put down the deposit. Therefore, it will be very rare for them to turn down the acceptance. Also, I believe they have filled more seats by this time. I might turn down their acceptance soon, so good luck!

I first want to say congratz on your interview and hope you do well.

However, your chance of getting an acceptance will be very low. Many people who get into dental schools in Feb or Mar will not turn down their acceptance, because it's usually their only acceptance. Tufts also has weird waitlist system because they make you put down waitlist deposit, so people who want Tufts as their top choice will put down the deposit. Therefore, it will be very rare for them to turn down the acceptance. Also, I believe they have filled more seats by this time. I might turn down their acceptance soon, so good luck!

thank you! its just my only option and its my top choice and given a chance to go there means so much to me! I really hope there will be room!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you! its just my only option and its my top choice and given a chance to go there means so much to me! I really hope there will be room!

I hope you get in. You sound like you'd really appreciate the spot!

Interviewed there on Monday. They said that they have only had a little over 100 deposits submitted. They are very open about the process and would probably provide you with information if you asked for it. Many of the people I interviewed with already had acceptances at other schools, some of which were considerably cheaper. I was a bit surprised that so many people traveled (even a few from California), when they already had acceptances. I guess it's a testament to the quality of the school! I think you've got a decent shot in March if you do well in the interview. They don't seem like a school that is trying to lead anybody on. I would go if it's your only one, for sure! Great opportunity.

thank you for the information on the number of seats and the positive feedback!

Duriel, Tufts would mean so much to me! Its my only shot and it would ease me beyond compare. I have been working so hard, as we all have, and recieving this interview in the midst of giving up really fired me up!

I just don't know if in three weeks time they will still have that many spots available? I knwo there are interviews next week but do they have them the 27th and 28th too? I'm so incredibly nervous and want it so bad!

i just looked at previous years and all early March interviews tend to be wait-listed :(

this late into the application cycle, you're essentially interviewing for next year's application cycle.

You could always call and see if someone canceled and you can interview earlier.

I wanted to do that however when I called today between the few days they had given me to choose from two of them were already full :(

OP:

I'm in the same boat as you! I have an interview march 5th.. i hope we sitll have a shot! This is my ONLY interview/ONLY hope and I love tufts/boston too! ahhhh

best of luck to both of us!

OP:

I'm in the same boat as you! I have an interview march 5th.. i hope we sitll have a shot! This is my ONLY interview/ONLY hope and I love tufts/boston too! ahhhh

:eek: omg! defintely best of luck to both of us! :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf: its so nervewrecking isn't it? you didn't think it was even going to happen this year but now that it is you want it so bad!!! i LOVE tufts!

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: omg! defintely best of luck to both of us! :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf: its so nervewrecking isn't it? you didn't think it was even going to happen this year but now that it is you want it so bad!!! i LOVE tufts!

I think if you can bring this enthusiasm to the interview you'll be fine... or you'll scare them away :laugh:

OP:

Just remember to stay confident and be able to clearly articulate why you want to be a dentist and why Tufts. Prepare as much as possible. You'll do great. Best of luck.:thumbup:

I think if you can bring this enthusiasm to the interview you'll be fine... or you'll scare them away :laugh:

hahahaha i hope the former. Its just my first interview so I guess I'm kind of in the position most people were in October and November and I'm overly nervous yet determined to get in. You and omnipodent are so encouraging though. I would love to be your future classmates :):xf:

hahahaha i hope the former. Its just my first interview so I guess I'm kind of in the position most people were in October and November and I'm overly nervous yet determined to get in. You and omnipodent are so encouraging though. I would love to be your future classmates :):xf:

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

I really wish you get my spot. I think people like you who is very passionate about your dream dental school should get in.

Good luck, I will pray for you. :)

I really wish you get my spot. I think people like you who is very passionate about your dream dental school should get in.

Good luck, I will pray for you. :)

thank you :) i think you all are going to be amazing dentists because you are so compassionate. Best of luck to you Kentuckylover, I appreciate all your kind words and sincerely hope you are happy at USC :)

^ i know what you mean!!! I'm soo excited and nervous at the same time and extremely worried!! I really hope this isnt just for waitlisted spotss :(
it would be amazing if we coudl be classmates!!!

^ i know what you mean!!! I'm soo excited and nervous at the same time and extremely worried!! I really hope this isnt just for waitlisted spotss :(
it would be amazing if we coudl be classmates!!!

I know! It would be amazing :) I think anyone who wants it bad enough should be given the chnace to attend. I'm sure we will do fine at the interview but I wish they could tell us if its only for wait-listed spots :( I really really hope its not. It just doesn't make sense that EVERY march interview would be waitlisted does it?

I know! It would be amazing :) I think anyone who wants it bad enough should be given the chnace to attend. I'm sure we will do fine at the interview but I wish they could tell us if its only for wait-listed spots :( I really really hope its not. It just doesn't make sense that EVERY march interview would be waitlisted does it?

^ahh i really hope not! But it would make sense that these are the last rounds of interviews

Im flying in from california so hopefully we have SOME shot!! lol ahhhh counting down the days... so nervous!

best of luck! just express how much you wanna go to this school and I think you'll be okay

As a March interview it'll be tough but you have nothing to lose by trying, other than some $$ for flying out. Good luck!

I see that you went to tufts. Do you think march interview=waitlist?

Last edited:
best of luck! just express how much you wanna go to this school and I think you'll be okay

thank you :) i certainly hope this is true! I'm going to try my hardest and all I can do is hope they see how much I want to go to their school :xf:

So the last thing I heard was that Tufts has 140 seats already taken.

Are you sure 140? Are they still giving out interview? I thought they r done with interview.

Are you sure 140? Are they still giving out interview? I thought they r done with interview.

Someone on the Tufts acceptance thread said he was told 145 yesterday. I have no idea about whether or not they are still extending interview offers. I really hope you all hear soon, though.

Someone on the Tufts acceptance thread said he was told 145 yesterday. I have no idea about whether or not they are still extending interview offers. I really hope you all hear soon, though.

I read that earlier and it made me so nervous :scared: I'm really hoping for a spot!!!

Yes, 145 not 140. I meant to say there's 40 spots left and yes, they are still interviewing till March 6 I believe.

Yes, 145 not 140. I meant to say there's 40 spots left and yes, they are still interviewing till March 6 I believe.

Doesn't that mean there are only 30 spots left? I believe the class is only supposed to be 175. Not trying to be a stickler of math. I just haven't heard about the class increasing to 185.

Doesn't that mean there are only 30 spots left? I believe the class is only supposed to be 175. Not trying to be a stickler of math. I just haven't heard about the class increasing to 185.

In the presentation, Tufts showed 145 seats taken with 185 being the class size. So 40 seats remaining with some outstanding offers already sent. She said there would be some* acceptances but a good portion of people would be looking at the wait list just due to the time line and space left.

In the presentation, Tufts showed 145 seats taken with 185 being the class size. So 40 seats remaining with some outstanding offers already sent. She said there would be some* acceptances but a good portion of people would be looking at the wait list just due to the time line and space left.

Wow, my mistake. Good to know. I had thought it was only going to be 175. A class of 185 works too, though. Thanks.

I just got accepted! I guess I'm out 3k after putting in a BU deposit. I got accepted even though I shared my stats yay!

Has anyone been offered a second interview invite to come back to Tufts? Any inside knowledge?

Has anyone been offered a second interview invite to come back to Tufts? Any inside knowledge?

I'm so sorry you have asked this question so many times and no one has had an answer for you yet :/ I hope someone can help you out! Best of luck! and I'm sure they just miss you and want to see you again ;)

I would think that it is a good thing, you could have been just waitlisted.:)