Tufts MBS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
29 MCAT (9/10/10) and and a 3.39 cum (3.8 over last 2 years) and 3.26 sci.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who's recently been accepted! Just a reminder that we have a Facebook group page (Tufts MBS 2014-2015) for those who have been accepted and will be enrolling in the Tufts MBS program for the upcoming fall. Please feel free to use this page to search for roommates or for any other discussion related the MBS program.

The link to the group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/646832968704009/

Hope to see y'al there!

Does anyone know when our tuition is officially due?

Hey guys! Congrats on your acceptances! Do you think it's too late to apply for Fall 2014? Also here are my current stats: cGPA 3.38, sGPA 3.3 and MCAT 14N. I was planning on retaking my MCAT next month, but obviously it'll be too late by then... thoughts?

Also how good is the MCAT prep course?

Middle of April I believe. Received snail mail asking if I wanted to be placed on the waitlist. I declined

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Anyone looking for a roommate?

Just a heads up, I will be withdrawing my acceptance here sometime next week once I get another deposit confirmed. Best of luck to all you on the waitlist!

Waitlisted here.
My application was marked as complete on 4/14 and I received notification about being put on the waitlist on 5/19 (5 week turnaround).
I've decided to remain on the waitlist.
My cGPA is 3.1 and my sGPA is 2.9. I plan on attending as pre-dental and will be taking the DAT in August, so I submitted GRE scores with my application.
Good luck to those still pending/waitlisted and congratulations to those already accepted!

How is everyone paying for the 60k COA?

Since the application process is rolling and they dole out acceptances throughout July, when do they start taking names from the wait list?

Thanks! I assume you're currently in the program?
yep, I just finished the coursework part a few weeks ago

Since the application process is rolling and they dole out acceptances throughout July, when do they start taking names from the wait list?
A friend of mine didn't fine out she got accepted till August 7th

How do you like it? Are you completing the thesis?

I liked it alot, it feels like small Highschool. You will always be bumping in to people you know, which can sometimes be bad if you have exams coming out. Everyone here is really nice and the student from all the program interact with each other. It is what you make of it, so some peoples experience will differ. I remember in the first semester after exam I would go bar hopping with the med student. I actually just started my lab thesis last week.

How many of your class received interviews/acceptances from Tufts med school?

For the Class of 2012 58% got interviews last year at Tufts and 61% of those got in. I attached a file of where people from 2011 class got in if your curious.

Attachments

• MBS 2011 Acceptances.xlsx
    36.3 KB · Views: 267
It seems like some peeps prefer this to the BU MAMS, is it because smaller and possibly stronger linkage to Tufts?

I liked it alot, it feels like small Highschool. You will always be bumping in to people you know, which can sometimes be bad if you have exams coming out. Everyone here is really nice and the student from all the program interact with each other. It is what you make of it, so some peoples experience will differ. I remember in the first semester after exam I would go bar hopping with the med student. I actually just started my lab thesis last week.

For the Class of 2012 58% got interviews last year at Tufts and 61% of those got in. I attached a file of where people from 2011 class got in if your curious.
Thanks for sharing...how's the MCAT prep?

Does anyone know if the waiting list is ranked?

Just wondering if anyone has been accepted with a less than 3.0 GPA?

I was accepted with a sub 3.0 cGPA/sGPA and a sub 30 MCAT. I turned down my offer yesterday. Good luck.

Thanks! Do mind sharing when your application was complete?

Unless you didn't take the prep course.

Thanks for sharing...how's the MCAT prep?
I didn't take the Prep course but its the Princeton Review Course.

It seems like some peeps prefer this to the BU MAMS, is it because smaller and possibly stronger linkage to Tufts?
Tufts MBS has a linkage to the Med school. In fact two of my LoR are coming from people who sit on the Admission board. Tufts is alot cheaper that BU MAMS because it only one year. Also tufts is very supportive, if you do bad on an exam they will assign you a tutor. If you fail the class they will let you retake it during summer.

r academic mentors randomly assigned or do you get to choose?
you can't chose your Academic Mentor but you can chose your Thesis Mentor. So you want you can get someone who sits on the Admission board to be your Thesis Mentor.

Accepted today but an declining because I was accepted to my first choice program somewhere else. Good luck to everybody else and please send me a message/reply To this if you have questions.

Also I went to BU so I know a bit about boston if you have questions.

Also a class I took at bu was with an awesome professor who teaches at tufts med. Only taught one class at bu and he's done this year so he's solely at tufts now. His name's Paul Leavis and he's great. Such a sweet guy - if you have him as a teacher feel lucky!

Also a class I took at bu was with an awesome professor who teaches at tufts med. Only taught one class at bu and he's done this year so he's solely at tufts now. His name's Paul Leavis and he's great. Such a sweet guy - if you have him as a teacher feel lucky!

Leavis teaches pulmonary phys in the spring so you'll all have him if you go to Tufts!

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist!

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets?

Just received my rejection today! Good luck to all who applied and/or got accepted! :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that! Do you mind sharing when your application was complete?

Thanks! Sure --I submitted on 5/31 and my application was complete (according to my online application account) on 6/16. So, almost a one month turnaround between submission and the decision.

Thanks! Sure --I submitted on 5/31 and my application was complete (according to my online application account) on 6/16. So, almost a one month turnaround between submission and the decision.
Thanks! I submitted my application first week of May and I still haven't heard back!

Does anyone have any idea how long the waiting list is? Any updates from the waiting list?