DJ_MD

5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Status
Medical Student
Hello SMP applicants,

I currently give tours for the Tufts MBS Program program here in Boston's Chinatown. I wanted to get this thread started in case any prospective students who can't visit the campus had any questions about the program, living in Boston or anything else related to how the MBS program supports you throughout the application process.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Aug 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi! Thanks for making this thread.

How many students are typically in the program?
What are the (estimated) statistics of matriculation to Tufts Medical School after finishing the program?

Reactions: DJ_MD
OP
DJ_MD

DJ_MD

5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Status
Medical Student
Hi! Thanks for making this thread.

How many students are typically in the program?
What are the (estimated) statistics of matriculation to Tufts Medical School after finishing the program?
Great questions!

Total enrollment is usually 120 with about 12-8 being pre-dental and the rest being pre-med.

The dental school acceptance is near 100% and they normally apply during the first year of the program.

The pre-med interview percentages for MBS students are near 50% of MBS students who apply after their first year coursework is completed. Keep in mind you will also be applying with other MBS students who may have taken a gap year after their first year.

About 25-30 MBS students matriculate every year into the MD program. I am sure more are accepted, but they may be going to cheaper state schools in their respective home-states.

I have never heard of anyone getting an interview to the Tufts MD program if they apply during the first year coursework for MBS. They want to see a full years worth of grades beforehand.

About the Ads