1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Tufts + Scrubs....Confused

Discussion in 'Dental' started by ElCubanito, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ElCubanito

ElCubanito Member
    7+ Year Member

This is a question for those 2nd - 4th year students. I was wondering what your experience with scrubs are. Can you wear different colors (solid) or a specific color? Can you wear them to class on non-lab days. Please comment on the no jeans policy. Is this true?

Sorry for all the questions....just confused. About to buy some scrubs and I just want to know how much Im really going to use them.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Prior

Prior Prior
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    you need them for Gross Anatomy...you can wear them on non lab days if you want to look like a tool. Any color and style is fine, no jeans is for your 3rd and 4th years in the clinic...

4. ElCubanito

ElCubanito Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks...now I know what to get. Just wondering, is looking like a "tool" a good thing? :laugh:

5. Some1

Some1 New Member

Dental Student

how about shorts or rugged jeans for the first couple years??? probably not, but I thought I'd ask...

6. Prior

Prior Prior
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    no problem...there were a few this past year that did that so I thought I'd save you the embarrassment. I would just try to look professional, not everyone does but the professors notice. Try to enjoy the rest of your summer before all hell breaks loose.

7. Ruprick

Ruprick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Even though we haven't touched the clinic, scrubs are the norm at my school. Beats the heck out of business casual. :)