Tufts status question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buffy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the letter saying I was put in that category where they don't tell you your status until later. The letter said they'll keep going over my file everytime the committee meets and can tell me anytime until they're finished making decisions. Is the the same as the waitlist? Do they put people on the normal waitlist at this point?

thanks for your input,
buffy

Members don't see this ad.

Is this post-interview?

Yes, post-interview. I interviewed in early Jan. and they told us there were several categories they would put us in:

-acceptance
-rejection
-the ambiguous "we'll get back to you"

and I can't remember if there was also a waitlist category at this time. anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed in January and received the ambiguous "Hold" letter.

I did read a post a while back, from Katie (I think), that said that a lot of people come off the waitlist and hold status to get acceptances.

I've still not heard anything from them for an interview. Anyone know how long they're interviewing?

As far as I know, the last interview date is April 30.

Any other thoughts on the "we'll get back to you" letter? Does anyone know how often the committee meets?

Hey buffy,

As far as I know, the committee meets once at the beginning of every month to go over the previous month's interviewees. So all the March interview kids will be decided on early April, etc. Which means I won't find out if I get in until about a week before May 15 (interviewing in April)...

They must be mammoth meetings.