Tufts vs BU vs UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BearofDental

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been thinking a lot about the 3 New England schools and deciding on which school to go to. I just wanted other people's input/opinion on the three schools so that I can maybe receive some ideas that I hadn't thought of before. All three schools are in relatively short distance from my family, with UNE being a bit further away (additional half hour). I know cost is a big factor in most people's decision, from what I've added up it seems to me that UNE is going to be about 70-80k cheaper as compared to Tufts or BU.

Some factors I have been thinking about were:

UNE is P/F while Tufts/BU is traditional grading
BU has the newest building with their most recent renovation and from what I've read the most up to date dental technology
UNE and Tufts seems to have a greater deal of focus in clinical while BU seems to focus more on specialization and research

Please let me know what you think about each of the schools and information that you know about either of them that would make you pick that specific school. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking a lot about the 3 New England schools and deciding on which school to go to. I just wanted other people's input/opinion on the three schools so that I can maybe receive some ideas that I hadn't thought of before. All three schools are in relatively short distance from my family, with UNE being a bit further away (additional half hour). I know cost is a big factor in most people's decision, from what I've added up it seems to me that UNE is going to be about 70-80k cheaper as compared to Tufts or BU.

Some factors I have been thinking about were:

UNE is P/F while Tufts/BU is traditional grading
BU has the newest building with their most recent renovation and from what I've read the most up to date dental technology
UNE and Tufts seems to have a greater deal of focus in clinical while BU seems to focus more on specialization and research

Please let me know what you think about each of the schools and information that you know about either of them that would make you pick that specific school. Thanks! :)
cheapest

Reactions: 3 users