UNE vs BU Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peytooo

Reaction score
I received offers from UNE and BU for dental school and I am having a hard time deciding. The major factors that I am considering are price, location, and program. BU costs will cost about $100,000 more after interest. I feel like I would like living Boston more in my early 20's because it's a bigger city than Portland, but I would love to hear about experiences from both cities! From what I have seen, BU has a stronger technology focus, brand new facilities, and amazing faculty. UNE gives tons of clinical experience, has a smaller class, and has a pass/fail grading system. I worry a little about hearing often that BU is overly rigorous but I also worry about the newness of UNE's program. Hearing from current students at these schools would be amazing, but I would love any advice that people have!!

Members don't see this ad.

I received offers from UNE and BU for dental school and I am having a hard time deciding. The major factors that I am considering are price, location, and program. BU costs will cost about $100,000 more after interest. I feel like I would like living Boston more in my early 20's because it's a bigger city than Portland, but I would love to hear about experiences from both cities! From what I have seen, BU has a stronger technology focus, brand new facilities, and amazing faculty. UNE gives tons of clinical experience, has a smaller class, and has a pass/fail grading system. I worry a little about hearing often that BU is overly rigorous but I also worry about the newness of UNE's program. Hearing from current students at these schools would be amazing, but I would love any advice that people have!!
cheaper...

Reactions: 1 user
Only thing that matters is the cost. Go to UNE, it's an easy decision. Congrats on the offers and enjoy UNE Dental School!

Congratulations. Moderators: you can move this thread to X vs. Y.

Are you used to living in a big city like Boston and navigating the T? Do you like the flexibility of a car (such as for Portland)? What is the parking rate for each school for students? Insurance?

I can get why one would want to live in Boston. Lots of networking. The Yankee Dental Congress. Tons of patients. But really do your calculations on your debt. Remember to increase the tuition by at least 3% each year.

Reactions: 1 user