Tufts vs UMass(OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhodeislander

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Blessed to have been accepted to both of these schools and loved both when I interviewed. Most of the threads I've seen choose UMass due to cost (understandably) but I was accepted to UMass as an out-of-state applicant (RI resident) so the price difference is now negligible. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on pros/cons that is not considering COA. THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

I've also been accepted to Tufts and I loved it so I'm a bit biased, but I personally would do Tufts. I think Boston's a great place to live, though Worcester probably would be a lot cheaper. I think in terms of quality the schools would be very similar, so it mostly comes down to where you want to live!

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the same boat! I'm an out of state applicant and got into the Maine Track and PURCH program... so both super specific programs within the med schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm accepted at Tufts too and absolutely loved the school and culture of Boston. While UMass is also great, I don't think Worcester would have the same vibes as a big city. Choose the place you would be most comfortable and could see yourself happily living for the next four years!

Reactions: 1 user
I say tufts if all else is the same (price, location preference and support network) might as well go with the slightly more prestigious one. That being said their level of difference is negligible so think hard about the location and how you would like it and what will provide the best support system. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but your post didn't give much details :p