Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildVet16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Tufts yet? I have one friend who received a letter on Saturday by mail requesting an interview, but nobody else that I know of has heard anything at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard a thing. *sigh* As I said before, sometimes no news is good news (or at least I'll keep telling myself that...). :cool:

There have been quite a few people who have received interview invitations (listed under the interviews thread) and there has been some other discussions on the "keeping each other updated" thread. I know of one other person besides myself who have gotten letters saying they are on a waitlist for an interview.

I'm glad there is finally a thread devoted to Tufts-one of my top choices:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heart Tufts! *sigh* I haven't heard anything yet, either! I'm going nuts, since a lot of people have already heard, and it' also my first choice. If something doesn't come by the end of the week, I'll really start worrying. And some people have gotten e-mails too! *bigger sigh*

I heart Tufts! *sigh* I haven't heard anything yet, either! I'm going nuts, since a lot of people have already heard, and it' also my first choice. If something doesn't come by the end of the week, I'll really start worrying. And some people have gotten e-mails too! *bigger sigh*

I second that! Whatever will be will be- it's out of our hands now. But GEEZ is it making me CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY!

How are people "on a wait list" for interviews? I don't get that...

I completely agree. I haven't heard anything from Tufts and my good friend got an email today. It's great that everyone is hearing good news (congrats!) but it's quite discouraging to hear when other people get invites and we're still worrying:( It makes me think I'm not good enough, although I got an interview offer from Purdue. I really hope they just sent invites out in batches and they're saving some for the end of the week.... good luck!

Thanks, guys. Glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't heard yet... those silly people don't know what they're missing! :rolleyes: Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet (and those interviewing...), and keep your head high! Hopefully we'll all see each other there in February (and August... *crosses fingers*).

I'm trying not to give up hope, as I really want to go to tufts! Ugh, I just want an interview somewhere!

How are people "on a wait list" for interviews? I don't get that...

I'd never heard of anything like this either, but I got a letter that said that I was not initially selected for an interview, but that my application is on hold and if there is an opening in the interview schedule prior to 2/13, it is possible that they will contact me. They have not ranked this list and cannot give me any idea what my chances are of getting an interview. I do know that one other person on this forum also got this letter.

Good Luck everyone:luck:

I got that too. Didn't know people could get waitlisted for an interview! If anyone who got an interview there wants to turn it down, that would be greatly appreciated! Just kidding:). Congrats to those who got interviews and good luck to those of us on the waitlist!

The interview waitlist is because people who've already been accepted by their top choice will withdraw their applications, opening up interview slots. I know there are some people who have already withdrawn their applications, so don't give up yet! There's still hope.

Now not only am I praying for myself to get in to vet school, now I'm praying that other people get into a vet school other than Tufts and decline the interview. I'm going to give myself an ulcer from all of this waiting anxiety :eek:

if anyone who is reading this thread has interviewed at tufts before or is a student there, could you offer any advice to us during the interviews? that would be fantastic. mine isn't until Feb 7, but I'm starting to prep now because my first interview (Ohio) didn't go so well... mainly because I had no idea what to expect. Now I have a better idea... but any advice would be really great. I've already read through all of the interview feedback notes posted by people in past years. also... most of the feedback notes indicate that the interview is very casual--how dressed up should I be? i.e. suit or just slacks and a nice sweater or something of that nature.

any help would be greatly appreciated!! if you want you can PM me with answers. :)

-Sarah

Members don't see this ad :)
most of the feedback notes indicate that the interview is very casual--how dressed up should I be? i.e. suit or just slacks and a nice sweater or something of that nature.

I interviewed last year and I am going back again for round II this year. :( I think what most people meant by casual was the atmosphere, not the dress code. I wore a suit as did everyone I saw at my interview. The interviewers were dressed casually but I would definitely recommend a suit. My best piece of advice is something I screwed up last year. Remember that the interview starts the minute you are in the room with them. They asked me a question right off the bat about how I liked some program I attended at Tufts and since we were still doing the Hi how are you part and it felt so casual I just said oh it's great but didn't elaborate... stupid.... I will be working on that this year.

Who's going to what interview day at Tufts?

I'm going to the February 13th interview, and then heading up to the Sackler school after that. Anyone else on the 13th?

and wasn't that email from the students nice... it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling!

if anyone who is reading this thread has interviewed at tufts before or is a student there, could you offer any advice to us during the interviews? that would be fantastic. mine isn't until Feb 7, but I'm starting to prep now because my first interview (Ohio) didn't go so well... mainly because I had no idea what to expect. Now I have a better idea... but any advice would be really great. I've already read through all of the interview feedback notes posted by people in past years. also... most of the feedback notes indicate that the interview is very casual--how dressed up should I be? i.e. suit or just slacks and a nice sweater or something of that nature.

any help would be greatly appreciated!! if you want you can PM me with answers. :)

-Sarah

I interviewed at Tufts and I think that was my best interview. They try to place you with people have the same interests as you. The interview is casual but I would still wear what you wear to your other interviews. They asked several pointed questions, but I feel that the most important thing you can do at this interview is to really let them know that you're socially apt and you have a sense of humor. Of course you want to get down to business and have good answers, but it's really important to let them know that you're not an introvert so you will work well with your classmates and future clients.

but it's really important to let them know that you're not an introvert so you will work well with your classmates and future clients.

:hijacked: There is absolutely nothing wrong with being introverted. And it is not the same thing as being socially backwards or socially inept. It simply means that social interactions may not come quite as easily to you as to extroverts and that you recharge/re-energize by having alone time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

:hijacked: There is absolutely nothing wrong with being introverted. And it is not the same thing as being socially backwards or socially inept. It simply means that social interactions may not come quite as easily to you as to extroverts and that you recharge/re-energize by having alone time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I don't know...what you described seems ok, but I don't think you want the word "introvert" to come up when they talk about you after your interview. Whatever you want to call it, just make sure you're social.

-Sarah

Hi guys,
As far as the dress code it is an interview--if you wore a suit for your other interviews wear a suit at Tufts--I wore dress pants and a nice sweater.

The interview itself was fairly casual. The easiest of my interviews (although I was also more relaxed since I'd already hear from Ohio). No very difficult questions but if you don't know say so don't try to muddle through an answer. It is likely a good idea to familiarize yourself with the curriculum since it is easy to find on the website. Also make sure you have questions to ask your interviewers they leave a portion of time at the end for you to ask questions (so have some!) There is also a tour lead by students that will go into the hospital and the various lecture halls and anatomy lab. There was also a financial aid meeting you could go to. You should get a sheet when you get there with some information about your interviewers, who they are what they do and what they are interested in.

Have fun!

Hi
I wonder if anyone got a not-happy letter from Tufts already. Does Tufts only send letters to the ones that will be interviewed? I mean, I live two miles from the school and I haven't gotten anything. At this point, I guess it means the worst but I worried that it got lost or something (my last hope):(. I just would like to know.

Hi
I wonder if anyone got a not-happy letter from Tufts already. Does Tufts only send letters to the ones that will be interviewed? I mean, I live two miles from the school and I haven't gotten anything. At this point, I guess it means the worst but I worried that it got lost or something (my last hope):(. I just would like to know.

I'm in the same boat, although I live in Maryland, so not very close to Tufts. I thought someone said something about they haven't finished sending out invites yet? That's the hope that I'm holding onto. :(

I live on the west coast and have yet to receive anything either. And I didn't get that happy little email in the same token. I've pretty much convinced myself that means I'll be receiving a skinny envelope in the next week or so.... ah piss ;(

I tried searching for this question, but couldn't find it in past threads. Maybe I missed it. Does anyone know the approximate number of interview invitations sent out by Tufts? Thanks for any info!

From what I understand about 240 ppl get an invite for interview. I am still waiting for a letter saying anything. Did anyone get a letter today Friday? this uncertainty is killing. I am the pessimistic kind so I am expecting bad new. However, I do hope I am wrong. Good luck to the rest of u!

Yeah that's what I remember from the email we got in december giving everyone an update... they said that they had a little over 750 applications and that they would narrow it down to 240.

For those of us who are on the interview waitlist aka our apps are on hold, I have some info. I spoke to the admissions office and was told that there are usually 30-40 people on hold and that in past years they have taken as few as 3-4 and as many as 30 people off of the list. Also, they have already had some people decline, so the adcom will be meeting to decide who they would like to invite from the on hold apps.

Good luck everyone :luck: ...and please feel free to decline your Tufts interview:p

Who's going to what interview day at Tufts?

I'm going to the February 13th interview, and then heading up to the Sackler school after that. Anyone else on the 13th?

and wasn't that email from the students nice... it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling!

My interview is Feb. 7th at 11:45.

Hope to see some of you there!

Hey guys,

I have an extra room in my condo furnished (one queen bed and one full bed with TV) and with its private bathroom that I'd like to rent for the short time you might be visiting Tufts. I am located about 3 miles (10 min drive with traffic) away from the North Grafton campus. it is not really at walking distance from the school but if you are driving here or do not mind calling a taxi, it will be good. It would be $60 for one person and $80 for two/more (max 4 ppl) people. No smocking!!!!. Either two people that don't mind sharing or if you are bringing relatives. My phone number is 7742300201. Grafton is a pretty dead town so there is only one inn. Everything else is around Worcester. Driving everything seems close but if you don't have a car, there is not much to do at walking distance. Good to all!

smocking - embroidery stitches used to hold gathered cloth in even folds

My guests will be so disappointed.

For those of us who are on the interview waitlist aka our apps are on hold, I have some info. I spoke to the admissions office and was told that there are usually 30-40 people on hold and that in past years they have taken as few as 3-4 and as many as 30 people off of the list. Also, they have already had some people decline, so the adcom will be meeting to decide who they would like to invite from the on hold apps.

Good luck everyone :luck: ...and please feel free to decline your Tufts interview:p

it's nice to know that there aren't that many people on the waitlist. Rebeki, do you know when the adcom will be meeting to decide who gets those first few interview spots? good luck to everyone on the waitlist! here's hoping for more openings:)

do you know when the adcom will be meeting to decide who gets those first few interview spots? good luck to everyone on the waitlist! here's hoping for more openings:)

She didn't say, but I sure wish I would have asked! She did say that as soon as they decide they will email and call the selected people as well as send a letter.

I just spoke to someone in administration, and she said that they had a large stack of interview invites going out this morning. Like a lot of you I had not heard anything from them one way or another, so this is good news. Unfortunately, she said they were also sending out rejections next week, with the last batch of invites. At least there's still a good deal of hope!

Yeah, I totally ruined it. My landlord will be pissed for my kind of advertisement. hehehehe Anyways, I can't do it for free and def. no smoking, but there is another option if someone is interested. I am waitlisted too!! So good luck to all.

I just spoke to someone in administration, and she said that they had a large stack of interview invites going out this morning. Like a lot of you I had not heard anything from them one way or another, so this is good news. Unfortunately, she said they were also sending out rejections next week, with the last batch of invites. At least there's still a good deal of hope!

Thank you so much for the update! You have no idea how much you've brightened my day! Since so many people on here had gotten their invites last week, I figured my rejection was on its way. :oops:

I'm still trying not to get my hopes up, though. Good luck to everyone who's gotten interviews and, for the rest of us, hang in there! :luck:

I declined my interview at Tufts. I hope this frees up a spot for one of you. Best of luck.

hey all, here's an update for those on the waitlist.

I called tufts today to make sure my fall transcript was received and i asked when, at the earliest, will those who are on the waitlist know if they got an interview spot or not. they said yesterday that 9 people were taken off the waitlist and given interviews, but this is only the first group - they are expecting more people to turn down their invites - the adcom meets every few days to see who gets to replace them.

I wasn't one of the 9 to get a phone call yesterday:(...but here's hope to all of us still on the waiting list!

But, does anyone know if more people will be added to the waitlist or are the 30-40 people or so (noted by Rebeki) the only ones on it?

The way it sounded to me there were 30-40 people total on the interview waitlist every year. The lady I spoke to did not know the actual number on the list this year but that 30-40 were on the list in past years.

I wasn't contacted off the waitlist either :(

Is it correct to assume anyone having not received a wait list interview letter or interview letter is rejected? I'd just like to kill the element of surprise (not that there would be much of one...).

no, they just sent another batch of interview invites. and they will send the rejections quite soon i understand.

no, they just sent another batch of interview invites. and they will send the rejections quite soon i understand.

Thanks for the info. I'm still thinking no news is good news, but not for much longer!

has anyone on the waitlist heard in the past week that they were given interviews? I called this past thursday and they said "the adcom meets every few days to take people off the waitlist, and we met yesterday and called 9 people right after"

I've been checking my emails and phone every few minutes yesterday and today, I can't take it anymore! It's been a week since they've met, they had to have had more interview turn-downs since then!!

:scared:I just need to get into a vet school so I can relax...The stress and wait is killing me! And I still have yet to hear from 3 schools! I'm quickly losing my composure:p

I haven't heard anything either:( I'm trying to break away from the anxiety of this waiting. I've been feeling like my life has started to revolve around this :scared: And I still have 6 (including tufts) to hear from yet!!!!!!!!!

i'm thinking if you were rejected, you should know by now, right? i know a bunch of us got those letters already... good luck!! :luck::luck::luck:

Does anyone know how acceptances worked in past years? I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but I have an interview there this coming week. How soon after would you hear either way? My vet said that she was told during her interview that she was accepted, but that was 25 years ago. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what to expect for a timeline post-interview.

Does anyone know how acceptances worked in past years? I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but I have an interview there this coming week. How soon after would you hear either way? My vet said that she was told during her interview that she was accepted, but that was 25 years ago. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what to expect for a timeline post-interview.

I have an interview there next week as well! Just from looking at the acceptances thread from last year, it looks like acceptances were recieved the first week of March by mail or online. I'm not really sure about rejections, let's not think about those...Good luck to you!

I got my acceptance March 1 and the letter said it was an early acceptance decision. I don't really know what that means but I wouldn't expect letters until March at the earliest.