Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, they have to be meeting Monday or Tuesday, right? :D

Members don't see this ad.

We don't have class Monday (Patriot's Day) so Tuesday at the best...

Good luck!

YA PATRIOTS DAY!!!

I was so confused when I went to school in Rhode Island and no one knew what Patriots Day is! I grew up in the heart of revolutionary-war land and we take Patriots day very seriously. There is a strong possibility of finding a minuteman in your driveway or hearing cannons going off all day (my dog's worst nightmare).

So....

HAPPY PATRIOTS DAY

All you Tufts-bound folks!
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, and THAT's why I am currently unable to type my paper for micro class.

My eyes are starting to cross as well.....

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!!!

Me too, and THAT's why I am currently unable to type my paper for micro class.

My eyes are starting to cross as well.....

Haha, i have struggled to find the motivation to study for my micro final wednesday... i had so much to do and worked so hard all weekend to complete all my other projects so i could start studying today until wednesday... now 2 hours has passed since i have been done, and i have yet to even crack open the micro book...

hmmm should probably get to it... hehe...

ahh!!! Will study with my fingers crossed for everyone!!!:xf::luck:

Thanks guys! I love making up imaginary adcom meetings and then getting anxious for them, hahaha. And psh, who needs to do work or study...

it's absolutely pouring here, or else i'd have to go sit in a tree until my cell phone rings from the 508 area code.

for real.

Do we even know they'll call? haha, Patty originally said they'll mail out letters first and then later in the summer progress to phone calls... but if I were an adcom member I'd definitely want to hear the screaming reactions on the other end of a phone call! ;)

I was wondering the same thing DocDVMD. Last year they were all phone calls

If anyone gets a call we should try and ask how many spots they are filling or have left. I would like to know if my obsessing is warranted or not

no mail and no phone call today. it's 5pm - based on the fact that we could access decisions online after 5pm when they were first available, that's when the admissions office closes for the day. which means another day gone with no news.

tomorrow? or did anyone else hear today and just not post yet?
:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously you'd hear from me as soon as I heard anything :p This is torture!

hmm sorry to hear you haven't heard yet...

Still have my fingers crossed :xf: and thinking of ya! and now i can officially do more of that since i am DONE WITH UNDERGRAD!!

Yay! good luck!:luck:

I just found out that the adcom accepted my request for a one year deferral to finish up the rest of the year at the Plum Island lab. That frees up a seat for someone. See you all in 2010.

Hey, I'm waiting for the waitlist also. I have gotten to know Laura Fuller down in admissions a bit because I volunteer down at the Wildlife Clinic. If we don't hear by Friday (when I volunteer) maybe I can stop in the admissions and try to see what's up. They probably can't give much information though.

Hey, I'm waiting for the waitlist also. I have gotten to know Laura Fuller down in admissions a bit because I volunteer down at the Wildlife Clinic. If we don't hear by Friday (when I volunteer) maybe I can stop in the admissions and try to see what's up. They probably can't give much information though.

Good idea :)

I see you've gone back to crazy face avatar!! Are you losing your mind again? :laugh:

She might at least be able to give an indication of how many spots/if any they need to fill...hopefully...

Did you end up going in today? I'm on the edge of my seat here, and i'm not even the one waiting to hear... i'm just so eager to hear for you guys...

Still walking around with crossed finger for ya! :xf:

I just called Laura in Admissions and she said the class was full.

I just called Laura in Admissions and she said the class was full.

Seriously? Did they over-accept? Cause it seemed like tons of people declined them just on this forum...

Yeah they must have over accepted, since there were people that declined. She said they didn't expect to get a full class. But she said you can continue to call since there are usually people that drop out during the summer.

I figured they over-accepted especially OOS, but that is really surprising the class is full. Over 50% of SDNers declined (yes I had a running total going) and with the high cost coupled with the bad economy I figured more people would opt to go elsewhere.

I just called admissions too, it's true the class is unexpectedly full and all the deposits are paid. I was told it is common for a couple of people to drop over the summer months, although it varies a lot from year to year

I figured they over-accepted especially OOS, but that is really surprising the class is full. Over 50% of SDNers declined (yes I had a running total going) and with the high cost coupled with the bad economy I figured more people would opt to go elsewhere.

I thought the exact same thing... :(

Well, that just . . . . . . doh! :smack:

I guess I'll update the final decisions thread. I'm off to London.

like others, i fully expected a decent shot off the alternate list, because so many SDNers declined their OOS spots. however, and i think we may lose sight of this at times, we are a small fraction of all the applicants, and while we may represent a large portion of the qualified applicants, there's a tremendous pool out there that isn't on SDN.

am i trying to make myself feel better? absolutely. but hey, i'll be a vet in 5 years - where's the bad here?

Well, that just . . . . . . doh! :smack:

I guess I'll update the final decisions thread. I'm off to London.

like others, i fully expected a decent shot off the alternate list, because so many SDNers declined their OOS spots. however, and i think we may lose sight of this at times, we are a small fraction of all the applicants, and while we may represent a large portion of the qualified applicants, there's a tremendous pool out there that isn't on SDN.

am i trying to make myself feel better? absolutely. but hey, i'll be a vet in 5 years - where's the bad here?

Great attitude J!

Sorry to hear that! I wonder how many the over accepted by...

hmm, glad to see you're off to vet school elsewhere though! good luck and keep us updated on your life in london!

So disappointing... now I should probably get excited for Illinois, huh? :p

heyy for anyone still freaking out about the tufts waitlist i got a call this morning from admissions with a last minute acceptance off of the waitlist and denied it, so hopefully thats gonna mean that one of you guys is gonna be really pumped pretty soon. good luck!