Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
or maybe more people will find out today!!!! crossing my fingers for all of us:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

or maybe more people will find out today!!!! crossing my fingers for all of us:eek:

Yeah definitely more early admissions people will find out today. I hope you are one of them!! I am in state so I think if I didn't receive it yesterday I probably wasn't an early admissions pick. Although I'm still going to ask my husband to stalk the mailman today just in case. If not then I guess the wait continues until Tuesday........

I take it that no one has received any email yet (apart from them early-decision folk)--?

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing yet:D
is tmw supposed to be the big day?

Nothing here. I'm hoping tomorrow is the day.

Got my early acceptance letter today... complete with a little handwritten note, which I couldn't read because the writing was totally indecipherable!

Got my early acceptance letter today... complete with a little handwritten note, which I couldn't read because the writing was totally indecipherable!

If you got early acceptance today, then I'm wondering when I regular decision people will get their letters...was yours postmarked recently, or do you think it just took an insanely long time to get to you?

It was postmarked on 2/29, but the actual letter was dated 2/26. i'm in a populous suburb of Philly and things normally get here really quickly - I don't know why it took so long! It does say explicitly that this is an early letter due to "immediate" committee deliberations.

I got mine also; I'm in Maryland. Also complete with handwritten notes from BOTH people I interviewed with. Now I feel really really especially awful that I am going to decline. :( Sorry, nice interviewers, I really liked you.

right but CanadianGolden the real question is when was it postmarked, and when was it dated?! these are the questions everyone wants answers too! :p :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
wait..... do I know you??!!!!

(hahaha. roomie love).

thanks for the update CanadianGolden and hoodle. Congrats.

When you logon to the tufts graduate webpage at: https://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/APP/home.aspx

(they sent this link, along with our username and passwords around 11/16/2007)

Do you see your acceptance status on this page, or does it say 'your admissions decision will be displayed here"?

mine still says it'll be displayed here. sorry! I imagine canadiangolden's is the same way - clearly they haven't updated the web database to reflect their decision!

wait..... do I know you??!!!!

(hahaha. roomie love).

You guys (erm...gals) are roomies? Aw, cute. My college roomie was a drama major. We didn't get to share these kinds of bonding experiences. (Though she did help me study orgo for my final exam fall semester sophomore year by running through flashcards with me. ...Although that's definitely a tangent. Sorry!)

You guys (erm...gals) are roomies?

we were roommates at Tufts Sackler School's microbiology interview weekend... not actual undergraduate roommates!

we were roommates at Tufts Sackler School's microbiology interview weekend... not actual undergraduate roommates!

Ah, ok. :)

I just called the admissions office and the woman said that they will be sending out 85-90% of the emails today, letting us know when we can check our status online. She said a few of the decisions were still pending, and those would go out a bit later, but for the most part we should all hear today. Good luck!

--Scratch that!! I'm going to send out some good SoCal vibes!!
:luck: :)

I just called the admissions office and the woman said that they will be sending out 85-90% of the emails today, letting us know when we can check our status online. She said a few of the decisions were still pending, and those would go out a bit later, but for the most part we should all hear today. Good luck!

Nice recon work there! 3:00 and still no news though. :scared:

gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. this is physically painful... slow torture...

and i have to work from 4:30 to 8:30... and I'm so not checking at work... with all these vets and techs around me... if i don't get it in, which is super likely... that would just suck even more.

:scared::scared::scared:

must.stop.obsessively.checking.email!! (and SDN)

the saddest part is that when(if) the email comes, we probably won't find out right away anyways...:(

this time tomorrow though, we'll all probably know!!:eek: and hopefully:hardy::hardy::hardy:

You took the words right outta my mouth, Sarah!
Arrrrrgh!!!! Why do they do this to us???:scared:

must.stop.obsessively.checking.email!! (and SDN)

the saddest part is that when(if) the email comes, we probably won't find out right away anyways...:(

this time tomorrow though, we'll all probably know!!:eek: and hopefully:hardy::hardy::hardy:

I know I have three screens up, SDN, my email and Tufts application home page. I'm just refreshing all of them constantly to see if anything comes up. I'm still hoping for an email that says check at 5 today....

oh thank goodness! Only an hour to wait!

Just got my email! Says after 5

ahhhhh... just got the email... after 5 pm they say.... maybe going to work a tad late today...

It's 4:11 EST, does anyone else feel like people are actually moving around in slow motion?

i know. it's like the longest countdown of my life... just called into work to say i'd be a little late... argh... i think i'm going to lose my mind in the next 43 minutes

And this is why I'm going to work out right now. With any luck, I'll finish after five and come home to a (hopefully!) good decision...

but still freaking out!!:scared:

Rejected. That's alright though, I was probably going to decline anyway.

Velcosky - where do you want to go? sorry about tufts :( their loss!

Catnapper - patience! congrats on waitlist!

Rac umich - hooray!

ugh. rejected.

I really didn't think my interview went THAT badly.

Velcosky - where do you want to go? sorry about tufts :( their loss!

I'm not sure. My final score is waitlist Cornell (my in state) and accepted to MN and IL. I would like to get off the waitlist but in the meantime I need to decide between MN and IL. I was really impressed by both schools so I'm having a hard time deciding.

what a great choice! that's awesome. You'll be at a top-notch school for either one (or cornell!)

:hardy::hardy:ACCEPTED!!!:love::love: I can't believe it, but thank goodness because I didn't apply anywhere else.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

rejected.... bummed. b/c i know the only thing that was weak about my app was my gpa... and if that was what killed it for me, which it had to be, b/c my interview went fantastically... then it's not very fair that they led me on with the whole interview process...

oh well.... looks like I'll be heading to Glasgow in the fall!! :)

congrats to all who got accepted!

Do you know how many people get wait-listed - and what the year to year accepted # off the wait-list is?

Thanks

Waitlisted here too. I think the schools all look for something different, so those of you waitlisted as well or outright rejected, keep hope for your other schools. I am accepted at Penn and Ohio State (got a business card from one interviewer and was accepted on the spot) so I think I'm a pretty good applicant. I don't know why Tufts chose to waitlist me but I am curious as to the process.

Does anyone know if we will hear anything before April 15th? In the letter online they say to send back the reply form by April 15th to be considered. I am in absolute love with UPenn and would probably decline from Tufts anyways but would like to have the option since my fiance is interviewing at BU today :oops: and I don't want to be in separate places. Anyways ... anybody have any information regarding the waitlist?