Tuition, GPA Cut off, Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shirochan88

The Canadian
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Sure many people know and have asked this question, but it seems most people just post their GPA etc... and what Residency they get into

I am a Canadian Student who is interested in Medicine and want to keep all options open

I would like to know what is the Average Tuition one would expect to pay to go to these schools abroad, is there good enough Financial support for Canadians?

What is the Average Cut off marks for the main schools like St. george, Ross, AUA, SABA, etc...

And do Canadians usually stay in the States Afterwards or do they try to go to Canada. I seem to hear mixed messages

thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm Sure many people know and have asked this question, but it seems most people just post their GPA etc... and what Residency they get into

I am a Canadian Student who is interested in Medicine and want to keep all options open

I would like to know what is the Average Tuition one would expect to pay to go to these schools abroad, is there good enough Financial support for Canadians?

What is the Average Cut off marks for the main schools like St. george, Ross, AUA, SABA, etc...

And do Canadians usually stay in the States Afterwards or do they try to go to Canada. I seem to hear mixed messages

thanks so much
Able to talk more clear than a monkey, credit score of 680+ or if you dont qualify for loans enough cash to pay 4 years of high tuition. And congrats, you are IN!!!

Able to talk more clear than a monkey, credit score of 680+ or if you dont qualify for loans enough cash to pay 4 years of high tuition. And congrats, you are IN!!!

That score did not help you when you were rejected. It must suck to be rejected after an interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
That score did not help you when you were rejected. It must suck to be rejected after an interview!

If believing that, with taking a shirtless picture for your SDN profile:laugh: than keep believing it, dont get offended by the truth, seems like you got too small of a pecker to admit the truth and reality, this isnt about being rejected from every school in canada and trying to get in a carib school and hoping to get a visa to do residency on my country's soil, its a carib school admission, everyone knows how easy it is to get into one of them!

So you spend a lot of time thinking about my penis, eh? Interesting.

I guess getting rejected from Carib schools forces you to think about other obsessions.

If believing that, with taking a shirtless picture for your SDN profile:laugh: than keep believing it, dont get offended by the truth, seems like you got too small of a pecker to admit the truth and reality, this isnt about being rejected from every school in canada and trying to get in a carib school and hoping to get a visa to do residency on my country's soil, its a carib school admission, everyone knows how easy it is to get into one of them!

?? um sorry does anyone know the answer? so I all need to do is get a loan? can canadians get the much loans, what about GPA cut off?? and Residensy, do Canadians get Surgery Residencies?

As a Canadian you will probably take out about $220,000-$250,000 in total.

You can get loans from banks (for about $150,000) and from CanHELP which gives $20,000 per year on your signature and up to $45,000 per year with a cosigner.

There is no real cuttoff but the bare minimum tends to be about a 2.8GPA. A good MCAT 27+ will help, too.

You can get residency but you have to go to a hospital that is willing to do the paperwork for you to get a H1B Visa or even a J1 Visa.

You will stay in the US for residency, at least. Your great scores and hard work will deterime if you get surgery.

?? um sorry does anyone know the answer? so I all need to do is get a loan? can canadians get the much loans, what about GPA cut off?? and Residensy, do Canadians get Surgery Residencies?