Tulane interview during Mardi Gras....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So..I think my interview is smack dab in the middle of Mardi Gras...Anyone else going to be there at this time?

I am kind of confused when Mardi Gras starts but I sure as hell am gonna live it up and spend a few extra days in New Orleans! Hellz yea!
Who wants to come?!?!?!?
beer2.gif

anim_beer.gif

anim_beer.gif
anim_beer.gif

anim_puke.gif

Now we just need a graemlin with BEADS and a Flasher Graemlin!!

Members don't see this ad.

HAHAHAH...that's wonderfuL! :)

Boo ya! Mardi Gras!

AWESOME time to be in the Big Easy...Mardi Gras Day is always 46 days before Easter. In 2002 Easter is actually on March 31st so that puts Mardi Gras 2 days before Valentines Day! My brain is on overload thinking what that will be like!!!? Anyway, the floats will run at night from the 29th of Jan through feb 12th. You dont have to be there on Mardi Gras day. Any night after the gala will be nuts!! PS (the no shirt lifting ban is NOT in effect) Lots of celebs and big timers came down hard on the city last year, so they stopped enforcing it!

You MUST get a room and flight before the 1st of the year our you will be in big trouble. You will end up in Hammond for the night. Long drive. Try the Days Inn by the Airport, which is actually in Kenner, but it is the best deal you will find. Not the prettiest but safe. Have a good time! Also, you MUST eat a sack of crawfish from the ACME seafood CO. down in the Quarter. Best in New Orleans!

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me they weren't interviewing during Mardi Gras! :confused: But I'm glad to hear you are going to interview there. Reminder: I am female. :p ;)

Really? well damn..I better call them up again..considering that they sent me the interview invite for the WRONG DATE! jeez...they gave me a different month and everything :)

OH yea..SWM - mal...I mean FEMALE!
Yes..I think I got it...you should go post in the thong thread in the lounge..that might help me remember :)

I have been to New Orleans three times-- twice in the past 2 years. There is a lot to do besides drink, but that is always fun, too. Remember that hurricanes at Pat O'Brian's are 26 ounces of almost all alcohol. Mmm... My stomach still remembers the day after drinking almost 4. What was I thinking?

Anyway, one year I went right after Mardi Gras had ended and this year we were at the end of Jazzfest. It was fairly easy to find hotels both times. We stayed at the Prytania Park Hotel in the Garden District, which was very nice and not too expensive for New Orleans. They have a website, if I remember correctly. It's searchable on Yahoo.

I would be willing to bet that the school does not do interviews on the Monday before, and fat tuesday, and maybe not on that wednesday. BUt as long as the interview is any time from late January, through fat tuesday, it should be a great time. In fact, it might even be better than the acual fat tuesday festivities...too crowded.

Fat Tuesday?

My interview is on Monday, February 4th...Is that a good day? :)

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Fat Tuesday?

My interview is on Monday, February 4th...Is that a good day? :) •••

That's at least a couple weeks before Mardi Gras. You shouldn't have any problems and the partying, as always, will be good.

That's some good timing, Scooby ... Mardi Gras is on the 12th this year. There should be enough stuff going on all week.

Hope it goes well for you,

Simul
Tulane Med '05

I have lived in uptown N.O. for the last six
years and the first weekend of Mardi Gras is the most fun because it is a little crazy, but not compeletely insane. This year the first weekend of mardi gras is also the weekend of the superbowl at the N.O. superdome, so you better hustle for a room if you want a room!