tulane masters in cell and molecular

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dstu1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone hear back yet? i know they said june 15th, but maybe someone has heard back sooner? brutal tough trying to find a plcae to live when they let you know so late... and just as tough to find a place to live at your second choice when you are rejected so late...

Members don't see this ad.

I applied a while ago (i think my app was complete in early May) but i haven't heard annnnything from them...have been trying to call/email...cant seem to ever get a hold of anyone. haha I will resume trying to contact them again monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
YESSSS!!!

Got the good news, IM IN!

Congrats! I just got in too! It's weird that there doesn't seem to be more action on this thread compared to other master's programs.

does anyone know someone who has done the program?

Hey guys,

Just got accepted as well. I've been trying desperately to find comparative information on this program vs. Tufts MBS. I got into both and need to decide here very soon which would be the better choice in getting into medical school without a lag year. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Some stats about me are below.

29Q MCAT/3.50 undergrad gpa from Notre Dame
3.31 science gpa/3.79 Honors Anthropology Major gpa
I've done a lot of research (some published) and have ample volunteer experience in the ER and other hospital depts for over two years now.

Hey guys,

Just got accepted as well. I've been trying desperately to find comparative information on this program vs. Tufts MBS. I got into both and need to decide here very soon which would be the better choice in getting into medical school without a lag year. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Some stats about me are below.

29Q MCAT/3.50 undergrad gpa from Notre Dame
3.31 science gpa/3.79 Honors Anthropology Major gpa
I've done a lot of research (some published) and have ample volunteer experience in the ER and other hospital depts for over two years now.

Both are great, but I would say Tufts MBS as it is a much better and more established program. Tulane also has 2-3 other masters program in which their medical will more likely take their students from; nearly all the peope they accept from their masters programs come from their ACP program. On the other hand, Tufts is much more expensive. Tufts will give you a much better chance of getting into medical school, but Tulane will cost like 1/5th as much.

Did only people who were accepted get an email on june 15th? The website's faq's say that decisions on acceptance, rejection, and waitlists will go out on the 15th...but i still havent heard anything...tried calling again, but no answer.

Did only people who were accepted get an email on june 15th? The website's faq's say that decisions on acceptance, rejection, and waitlists will go out on the 15th...but i still havent heard anything...tried calling again, but no answer.

Hi guys! Congrats to those that are accepted. I applied to Tulane's program and got an e-mail on the 15th saying that I was on the waitlist, and they will send acceptance e-mails to the people on the waitlist as early as July 1st. I'm hoping that a spot will open for me. I hope you get a reply soon sshehateme.

Hi guys! Congrats to those that are accepted. I applied to Tulane's program and got an e-mail on the 15th saying that I was on the waitlist, and they will send acceptance e-mails to the people on the waitlist as early as July 1st. I'm hoping that a spot will open for me. I hope you get a reply soon sshehateme.

I had to call to find out that I was also waitlisted...but according to Ms. M...they've been accepting people off the waitlist since tuesday, so fingers are crossed as well!

Ughhhh what to do! haha I wish I had some more insight into the specifics about this program (i.e. post grads who actually went through it). I love the idea of a masters in one year, as I'm sure most of you who applied also do. However, it seems almost every other SMP on this site has ppl commenting on their experience except for this one. From what I've gathered Dr. Grisbaum is no longer associated with the program and I'm trying to decipher what this means for the direction of the program. If anyone has some insight from actual post grads please post it here. I'm convinced this program is just as strong as others such as Tufts and Boston Univ but am not sure if the cost/benefit margin is higher than just getting a masters at a state school back home (for me that would be 9,000 total compared to 22,000 and living).

I don't think the program is a true SMP. ACP is more like a smp, except you don't get a degree.

Ughhhh what to do! haha I wish I had some more insight into the specifics about this program (i.e. post grads who actually went through it). I love the idea of a masters in one year, as I'm sure most of you who applied also do. However, it seems almost every other SMP on this site has ppl commenting on their experience except for this one. From what I've gathered Dr. Grisbaum is no longer associated with the program and I'm trying to decipher what this means for the direction of the program. If anyone has some insight from actual post grads please post it here. I'm convinced this program is just as strong as others such as Tufts and Boston Univ but am not sure if the cost/benefit margin is higher than just getting a masters at a state school back home (for me that would be 9,000 total compared to 22,000 and living).

I hear ya'! I don't know why there isn't more "buzz" on this school--it almost makes me nervous. For me, this program is by far the cheapest, and I have yet to hear back from other programs. The price makes it really appealing since, like most people, I'm still in-debt for undergraduate loans.

Does anyone know what campus the classes are located? It will help me find housing...speaking of which, anyone looking for a female roommate? I don't mind living with guys. PM if you are interested!

Can someone please define a "true smp"? I feel like I keep seeing that written about this program in comparison to the acp, which confuses me since we would get a masters in science after a year.

For all those on the waitlist, hang tight! Those accepted are supposed to respond to their offer by June 30th, so there should be a ton of movement July 1st!

True smps generally involve taking medical school classes with medical students. They make a much bigger difference in admissions

I hear ya'! I don't know why there isn't more "buzz" on this school--it almost makes me nervous. For me, this program is by far the cheapest, and I have yet to hear back from other programs. The price makes it really appealing since, like most people, I'm still in-debt for undergraduate loans.

Does anyone know what campus the classes are located? It will help me find housing...speaking of which, anyone looking for a female roommate? I don't mind living with guys. PM if you are interested!

Can someone please define a "true smp"? I feel like I keep seeing that written about this program in comparison to the acp, which confuses me since we would get a masters in science after a year.

For all those on the waitlist, hang tight! Those accepted are supposed to respond to their offer by June 30th, so there should be a ton of movement July 1st!

True smps generally involve taking medical school classes with medical students. They make a much bigger difference in admissions

Well tulane says they have gotten 100% of their kids into dental school and 90% into medical schools so they must be doing something right. My only concern is how true these stats are... because if they ARE true and you just want to get into any dental school, at 11k a semester you would be a fool not to attend tulane .

Well tulane says they have gotten 100% of their kids into dental school and 90% into medical schools so they must be doing something right. My only concern is how true these stats are... because if they ARE true and you just want to get into any dental school, at 11k a semester you would be a fool not to attend tulane .

I'd take those #s with a grain of salt, either fiction or small sample size. I don't even believe gt's 85% #

just got off the waitlist:) anyone hear about this past year's acceptances for dental school? anyone care to share what they have heard about this program?

I just got off the waitlist today, I'm pretty sure I will be going.

Hey all looks like I will be attending Tulanes Cell Bio Masters as well. Does anyone have any recommendations as where to live? It's so last minute to find an apartment/graduate housing I'm afraid there wont be much available and I don't really know where to start or what options are best. Any advice would be appreciated.