Tulane vs George Washington vs Maryland (In-State)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajetta123

Reaction score
Trying to decide between George Washington, Tulane, and Maryland and looking for some input from others. Would be much appreciated! Would be moving with my SO from California, so the quality of where we live matters.
Tulane
Pros:
  • In an awesome city, great food, culture, weather, would have the most fun
  • Pass/Fail (even though quartiles)
  • Liked the actual school and facilities best
Cons:
  • Most expensive option ($88,000 COA)
  • Farthest from home (Maryland)
GW
Pros:
  • True Pass/Fail
  • Close to home, many friends, best support system in DC
Cons:
  • Also expensive ($84,000). Cost of living in DC the highest
  • Liked the campus/facilities the least
Maryland
Pros:
  • Cheapest option bc of in state residency. Would not be living at home though ($73,000 in state COA plus $25,000/yr scholarship)
  • Highest ranked according to US News (yes I know it's only based on NIH funding)
Cons:
  • Still uses letter grades!
  • Don't particularly like Baltimore, want to move away from home
All three schools have similar, almost identical residency director ratings. Just looking for some guidance.

Members don't see this ad.

Leaning towards Maryland. All these schools imo are similar in prestige with maybe Tulane being better but not enough to warrant its cost.

Between Maryland and Tulane in my opinion but like the other commenter said the cost difference is just so big so I'd probably also go with maryland. This is $160k we're talking about

Leaning towards Maryland. All these schools imo are similar in prestige with maybe Tulane being better but not enough to warrant its cost.
Between Maryland and Tulane in my opinion but like the other commenter said the cost difference is just so big so I'd probably also go with maryland. This is $160k we're talking about
Worth looking past the letter grading system at MD?

Members don't see this ad :)