Tulane vs. Miami vs. Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbth77

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the pro's and con's of each, which is more selective, which has the best match list, and which one would you pick? Don't factor Florida costing less either because i'm out of state.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you look at USF too? USF is on par with both UF and Miami and supposedly produces the highest board scores in the state...

I would go to Miami just for the honeys alone, not that they ever give me any love.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mike:
Doesn't USF only take in-state applicants?

mikedc813 said:
Why don't you look at USF too? USF is on par with both UF and Miami and supposedly produces the highest board scores in the state...

Mike:
I am a junior considering all the state schools too. My brother has friends at USF and they love it. I heard you completely revamped your curricullum, what is different? Is it similiar to UM's organ based approach?

mikedc813 said:

DelAGator said:
Mike:
I am a junior considering all the state schools too. My brother has friends at USF and they love it. I heard you completely revamped your curricullum, what is different? Is it similiar to UM's organ based approach?

The curriculum is organ-based. So for instance while you are learning about the thorax in anatomy, you are learning cardiology physiology, how to listen for murmurs etc in physical diagnosis. It's a great approach. If your brother's friends are in the Class of 2008 then I'll know them.

I'm very happy at USF. Superb clinical experience (you shadow a doc each week for 1/2 a day during your first 2 years, they bring in patients that pertain to each physical diagnosis topic). The faculty are very very nice and are always there when you need to meet with them. I couldn't be happier. My class gets along very well for the most part and there are plenty of social events outside of class after each exam. The atmosphere at USF is very comfortable to sum it up. That's what draws a lot of people over the other Florida schools.

Oh, and USF has started taking some out-of-state applicants as of the last year or two. Check it out...