1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Tulsa Regional Anesthesia

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by OSUrulz, Sep 24, 2002.

1. OSUrulz

OSUrulz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just wondering if there are any DO's that are looking for programs. TRMC has a good one in the fact that it allows you to do second year cases as a first year. Our academics are not the best, but you will have a tremendous amount of experience. I did a carotid endarterectomy on the second week. Probably shouldn't have been there, but it went well none the less.

Let's here some thoughts.

Rulz

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. p-bo

p-bo Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the osteopathic students that pursue anesthesiology would be crazy to settle for a program like the one you describe. Residency training should consist of a good balance of didactics and clinical experiences - to tip the balance either way too far results in a less than ideal education. I have heard of other osteopathic anesthesia programs that tell the same story, lost of cases, no didactics - i.e. cheap labor!!! With only a handful of programs and not many more actual position in the AOA world, an applicant's time is much better spent in the NRMP!!