Tulsa Regional Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUrulz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any DO's that are looking for programs. TRMC has a good one in the fact that it allows you to do second year cases as a first year. Our academics are not the best, but you will have a tremendous amount of experience. I did a carotid endarterectomy on the second week. Probably shouldn't have been there, but it went well none the less.

Let's here some thoughts.

Rulz

Members don't see this ad.

I think the osteopathic students that pursue anesthesiology would be crazy to settle for a program like the one you describe. Residency training should consist of a good balance of didactics and clinical experiences - to tip the balance either way too far results in a less than ideal education. I have heard of other osteopathic anesthesia programs that tell the same story, lost of cases, no didactics - i.e. cheap labor!!! With only a handful of programs and not many more actual position in the AOA world, an applicant's time is much better spent in the NRMP!!