Tulsa Regional Anesthesia

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by OSUrulz, Sep 24, 2002.

1. OSUrulz

OSUrulz Junior Member

Just wondering if there are any DO's that are looking for programs. TRMC has a good one in the fact that it allows you to do second year cases as a first year. Our academics are not the best, but you will have a tremendous amount of experience. I did a carotid endarterectomy on the second week. Probably shouldn't have been there, but it went well none the less.

Let's here some thoughts.

Rulz

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. p-bo

p-bo Member

I think the osteopathic students that pursue anesthesiology would be crazy to settle for a program like the one you describe. Residency training should consist of a good balance of didactics and clinical experiences - to tip the balance either way too far results in a less than ideal education. I have heard of other osteopathic anesthesia programs that tell the same story, lost of cases, no didactics - i.e. cheap labor!!! With only a handful of programs and not many more actual position in the AOA world, an applicant's time is much better spent in the NRMP!!