Turning Down Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulane06

Private Joker
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel awful declining interviews? There may or may not have been a previous thread on this topic, so I apologize if I am making a duplicate.

Members don't see this ad.

i did it for the first time today. it felt kinda like turning down sex. awful.
-dr. mota

its kind of cool... for once, you get to tell them whats up.

I remember someone posting on here (a long time ago) about how he was going to go to an interview as a joke and make a complete ass of himself. not that i have the $ to do such a thing, but if anyone wants to give me a handsome monetary donation, i would definitely go to my michigan state interview in a gorilla suit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goose-d said:
its kind of cool... for once, you get to tell them whats up.

I remember someone posting on here (a long time ago) about how he was going to go to an interview as a joke and make a complete ass of himself. not that i have the $ to do such a thing, but if anyone wants to give me a handsome monetary donation, i would definitely go to my michigan state interview in a gorilla suit.

that gives me an idea. i'm gonna start calling schools that haven't given me interviews yet and say "hi, i'm really sorry but i'm gonna need to decline my interview..."

-dr. mota

DaMota said:
-dr. mota

:laugh: Dr. Damota you are the man. It is ashame we arn't going to be classmates unless for some reason I get an interview at Tulane.

DaMota said:
that gives me an idea. i'm gonna start calling schools that haven't given me interviews yet and say "hi, i'm really sorry but i'm gonna need to decline my interview..."

-dr. mota
:laugh:
Brilliant idea! Maybe it would be even funnier to decline interviews at schools you've never even applied to :idea:

tulane06 said:
Brilliant idea! Maybe it would be even funnier to decline interviews at schools you've never even applied to :idea:

tulane06 said:

don't do it to Harvard though

DaMota said:
-dr. mota

OMG, that's exactly what it feels like! Right on! :thumbup: Does feel terrible, feels even worse after I've had a few days to mull it over.

I've declined 3 interviews, and it only felt bad once... when I turned down an interview in Boston, where I went to college and which I love, but I knew the school wasn't the best choice for me compared to the place I'm already accepted. It was really difficult, but I knew I didn't need to waste the time and money only to reach the same conclusion. I enjoyed turning down my Temple invite and telling them exactly why (they lost my MD/PhD app and only granted me an MD interview), and the woman I spoke to sounded personally affronted. haha.

tulane06 said:
Does anyone else feel awful declining interviews? There may or may not have been a previous thread on this topic, so I apologize if I am making a duplicate.
Happiest day of my life! I no longer have to withstand the long drives to cities that I barely knew, listen for hours about how great their schools are, same old financial aid speech, and most of all, it was the day that I found out I was accepted to my first choice.