Turning in Apps in July.

Started by Mcd2015
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mcd2015

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if turning in my application first week of July would be considered late (will my chances be lower?) I know after I turn them in I will still have to do my secondary essays. It will probably take a month for them to process the application. I wish I had finished my apps in June, but my personal statement required more work. If I get my secondaries done by mid July, how do my chances look?

I'm only applying to Texas (in-state) medical schools using the TMDSAS.

I have a 3.66 average graduating gpa and I scored a 30 on my MCAT. I have a gap year where ill be working in a surgeons office. I have also researched at UTSW, and have been published twice.

Apps opened up on May 1st, but I think this year we were allowed to submit apps starting in May, unlike past years were it was June 1st. Not to sure though.


How do my chances look? I am worried, because a lot of people have told me that June is the ideal time. I fear that July might set me back.