Tuskegee c/o 2019 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, you can only get 1 interview?
Sorry for the late response! But yes. Their policy is that they only grant one interview to each applicant. So, I've applied for a second time and I won't hear anything until April. I wasn't aware of this until I submitted my application in October.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Anyone else in my boat? Second time applicant, just waiting? :(o_O:nailbiting:

Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Anyone else in my boat? Second time applicant, just waiting? :(o_O:nailbiting:
a classmate of mine is also in the same boat. She did the serp program last summer too. She reapplied for this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck!! I have mine tomorrow morning!!

Good luck guys. I got into my number 1 school, and declined interview at Tuskegee. Hope you guys become great vets.

Hello! Does anyone know when they are going to send out acceptance letters?

They said no later than April 15th. I've heard that sometimes it is later than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Does anyone know when they are going to send out acceptance letters?
First time posting on this website; hopefully I do it right! During my interview day on Friday they said they were shooting for April 6th through the 9th but it can come as late as April 15th.

Has anyone heard any news yet??? Does anyone know anything about the requirement for animal nutrition and animal science and when it needs to be completed by???

I have not heard anything yet (interviewed Feb. 20th). I'm taking animal science through Kansas State (distance learning) right now. I thought spring semester is the latest you can finish pre-reqs (I think it is for most schools).

Hello! Just finding this post. I interviewed on Monday the 16th! I felt like it went well. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance earlier today too.

Happy to find out way sooner than I expected :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning,

I got an invite email also!!! I feel truly blessed to be selected to become a part of TUSVM class of 2019. Have any of you contacted the office to formally accept your spots?

I have tried multiple times but it seems that no one is in the office. I have called different numbers and they all go to voicemail. Have yall had any luck?

I have tried multiple times but it seems that no one is in the office. I have called different numbers and they all go to voicemail. Have yall had any luck?
I tried calling today as well and it went straight to voicemail.. maybe they're on spring break this week?

Got my acceptance letter a couple days ago as well! : )

Waiting for my Auburn interview this week before I make a final decision.

Is their waitlist going to be made up of people who didn't let them know right away? I plan to let them know a week or two before April 15th but I also got accepted to SGU and am waiting for LMU and I'm not sure yet which one I want to go to yet. The way their email was worded makes me feel like I have to secure a seat now or it's going to be gone.

Last edited:
They shouldn't offer more students than there are seats....The wait list for schools is basically alternates for the spots made vacant by those who decline their seat at Tuskegee. Unless Tuskegee does things REALLY differently. I think it's just their way of saying "let us know ASAP & you HAVE to let us know by April 15th".
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how I always thought the waitlist worked, I guess their wording made me a little worried

I think they want you to let them know ASAP so they can go ahead and start pulling applicants from the waitlist.

Is their waitlist going to be made up of people who didn't let them know right away? I plan to let them know a week or two before April 15th but I also got accepted to SGU and am waiting for LMU and I'm not sure yet which one I want to go to yet. The way their email was worded makes me feel like I have to secure a seat now or it's going to be gone.

If you choose SGU over tuskegee that would be silly. State side schools are not only cheaper with cost of living and tuition, but looked at and regarded with better credentials upon hire after graduation. Vet school is competitive, so those qualified that don't make it stateside go to Caribbean. Nothing wrong with that, however, if you can, stay in the U.S

If you choose SGU over tuskegee that would be silly. State side schools are not only cheaper with cost of living and tuition, but looked at and regarded with better credentials upon hire after graduation. Vet school is competitive, so those qualified that don't make it stateside go to Caribbean. Nothing wrong with that, however, if you can, stay in the U.S
Caribbean schools are more expensive, and many feel island living has it's deterrents especially after a while, but I disagree that the accredited Caribbean schools are any less respected than state schools. Their programs are just as rigorous as any accredited U.S. vet program.

For anybody that is definitely accepting their seat, join the Facebook group TUSVM Class of 2019 so we can all get to know each other!

How come you guys received emails? When I spoke with Amy, she said regular post mail only. And do you think they send out rejection letters simultaneously? Impatiently waiting and stressing! Lol

I got both. An email last week and my letter came in the mail this week. I don't think they have sent out rejection letters yet. A classmate of mine called and Amy told her that they are sending out acceptance letters in stages. everyone should know their status by April 15.

Thank you for answering so quickly and for answering! lol. I will definitely be stalking my email more than normal.... Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully we'll be classmates come fall :)

No problem and I'm looking forward to it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hey everyone! A friend of mine received their acceptance on the 12th and I'm still waiting to hear about my status. Of course that made me feel like I wasn't accepted so I contacted Amy to make sure and also I've been in touch with one of my friends who is a third year student there. Amy's husband is apparently a student there and he told her(my friend) that they would have already sent out rejection letters along with the first wave of acceptance letters. So I guess if you haven't heard anything yet, it's a good thing! It could also mean we are doomed to the alternate list though :( I was reading back on a few threads from the past, 2017, 2018, and everyone went through all of this in previous years, too. It seems like they are just waiting to hear back from all of the initial people that got accepted, and from there they will make the alternate/serp list. So I think we can expect to hear back around mid-April. Good luck everyone! Congrats to those of you that already got accepted!

Hey everyone! A friend of mine received their acceptance on the 12th and I'm still waiting to hear about my status. Of course that made me feel like I wasn't accepted so I contacted Amy to make sure and also I've been in touch with one of my friends who is a third year student there. Amy's husband is apparently a student there and he told her(my friend) that they would have already sent out rejection letters along with the first wave of acceptance letters. So I guess if you haven't heard anything yet, it's a good thing! It could also mean we are doomed to the alternate list though :( I was reading back on a few threads from the past, 2017, 2018, and everyone went through all of this in previous years, too. It seems like they are just waiting to hear back from all of the initial people that got accepted, and from there they will make the alternate/serp list. So I think we can expect to hear back around mid-April. Good luck everyone! Congrats to those of you that already got accepted!
I hope we hear something soon

Well I just got an invite to the SERP program. Does anybody know anything about this?

Congrats to everyone that has received acceptance letters, and also to those who have received SERP invites! If anyone needs a place to stay during SERP, let me know. I have two extra bedrooms, plenty of textbooks, and you're welcome to bring your pets. I live in Auburn, but it's only like a twenty minute drive to Tuskegee.

Also if you've been accepted, you should be receiving information about TOLE pretty soon. It's basically a two day trip that involves a lot of team building exercises. Please consider going to this! I had my doubts at first, but it really helps you get to know each other and connects you with upperclassmen.

Congrats to everyone that has received acceptance letters, and also to those who have received SERP invites! If anyone needs a place to stay during SERP, let me know. I have two extra bedrooms, plenty of textbooks, and you're welcome to bring your pets. I live in Auburn, but it's only like a twenty minute drive to Tuskegee.

Also if you've been accepted, you should be receiving information about TOLE pretty soon. It's basically a two day trip that involves a lot of team building exercises. Please consider going to this! I had my doubts at first, but it really helps you get to know each other and connects you with upperclassmen.
Hey I'm definitely interested in the housing, is there any way you can contact me? My email is [email protected]

If anyone needs housing for SERP, I'm looking to sublease my 1 bedroom apartment (in auburn) this summer. Just message me for details ☺

I just gave up my seat. OOS. Good luck!

Has anyone got the acceptance packet in the mail yet?

In case any of you are looking for a place to live:

Lot 41 Conway Acres – 2003 Model 14' x 60' Chandeleur (made in Boaz, AL)– 2 Bedroom/2 Bath with a large covered wood deck front porch and a large fenced yard. On a tree covered lot with a lot of shade. Nice all year and a very relaxing environment and serenity for a quiet study atmosphere. Fully stocked lakes for fishing and trails to go hiking through the woods. Perfect place for dog owners. Almost completely furnished... including a large gas barbecue grill! Includes washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, pots and pans, desk with lamp and whiteboard, furniture, central heat and air, etc.Also some dishes, pots and pans and cooking utensils in kitchen. Available NOW.

ASKING: $17,000 Call (256) 227-3340.

Congrats guys!!! I'm a current TUSVM student. Feel free to post or shoot me any questions. I'll do my best to answer them lol
Hello, I have applied for admission for the 2020 Veterinary DVM Program. I have not received any information regarding my app status, interview info etc. I am hoping you may have an insight on the status of the current application process. If so, please share. Thanks so much!