You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tuskegee Veterinary Class of 2020 Interview Notifications
Started by vetdream
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I got a phone call from an adviser. He told me that my animal nutrition and physics are expired.. ( I took them 2010 and earlier for Physics). He told me to retake it as soon as possible or just re-apply again. It was end of Oct. I did not get any since then. Did you get some call from them lately?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I will re-take those....It costs money and takes time but I took about 5~6 years ago, I don't remember much to pass a exam..Thank you for your advise though. I thought they don't contact me for an interview or etc, because of Pre-regs. They are doing interviews on Oct and Nov, right?
I am sorry it took so long.. Somehow I can't open the website.... so weird...But you can search "www.onemedicine.tuskeegee.edu/Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf " It might be only my computer...
I haven't heard anything
Does anyone know when transcripts are due? And where to send them? I have emailed several times but no response, but I am sure they are very busy
Transcripts were due by the VMCAS Deadline. If you haven’t sent them I would go to the website and get the mailing address for the College of Vet Med. and send them even though the deadline is past.Does anyone know when transcripts are due? And where to send them? I have emailed several times but no response, but I am sure they are very busy
Fall?Transcripts were due by the VMCAS Deadline. If you haven’t sent them I would go to the website and get the mailing address for the College of Vet Med. and send them even though the deadline is past.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If applying for Fall 2016 Due Sept 2015.Fall?
I sent my original transcripts through VMCAS I am concerned about my recent semester transcripts that each school has a deadline to receive. I have not found where Tuskegee had posted one.If applying for Fall 2016 Due Sept 2015.
Oh Okay I am not sure about that. Maybe call the Vet dept.I sent my original transcripts through VMCAS I am concerned about my recent semester transcripts that each school has a deadline to receive. I have not found where Tuskegee had posted one.
I received this response to my inquiry about fall transcripts. Mind you have not received any information about interview dates.
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:05:35 -0600
Subject: Re: Fall Transcripts
From: [email protected]
Hi
Yes, we require that you send your Fall transcript once you finished your semester. You need to send them as soon as possible!
There is no dead line to submit your transcript for the Fall. You can bring them with you to the interview date and pass them to your
interviewer. If you want to send it, then you need to send it by post mail!Our Address is
Office of Veterinary Admissions
School of Veterinary Medicine
Patterson Hall, Room A106
Tuskegee University
Tuskegee, Al 36088
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:05:35 -0600
Subject: Re: Fall Transcripts
From: [email protected]
Hi
Yes, we require that you send your Fall transcript once you finished your semester. You need to send them as soon as possible!
There is no dead line to submit your transcript for the Fall. You can bring them with you to the interview date and pass them to your
interviewer. If you want to send it, then you need to send it by post mail!Our Address is
Office of Veterinary Admissions
School of Veterinary Medicine
Patterson Hall, Room A106
Tuskegee University
Tuskegee, Al 36088
I received this response to my inquiry about fall transcripts. Mind you have not received any information about interview dates.
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:05:35 -0600
Subject: Re: Fall Transcripts
From: [email protected]
Hi
Yes, we require that you send your Fall transcript once you finished your semester. You need to send them as soon as possible!
There is no dead line to submit your transcript for the Fall. You can bring them with you to the interview date and pass them to your
interviewer. If you want to send it, then you need to send it by post mail!Our Address is
Office of Veterinary Admissions
School of Veterinary Medicine
Patterson Hall, Room A106
Tuskegee University
Tuskegee, Al 36088
Thank you so much for the info! Very helpful.
Hey everyone!
I called today to ask about my application and I was told that they will be sending out emails at the end of this week and the latest early next week.
Good Luck!!
I called today to ask about my application and I was told that they will be sending out emails at the end of this week and the latest early next week.
Good Luck!!
Once you selected your date and you hit save/exit is that it? Just want to be sureHey guys! Check your emails. I just received an interview invite.
Oh I haven't selected my date yet. I just wanted to let you guys know haha. I'll deal with the interview once I'm back at my house.Once you selected your date and you hit save/exit is that it? Just want to be sure
When I submitted my date it went back to main screen to log in so I hope so.Once you selected your date and you hit save/exit is that it? Just want to be sure
Oh, got an interview! Glad they are finally pushing them out.
I hate that the dates I recieved to interview on we're last week of February.
Anyone have any sooner? And what day are you choosing? I chose a Friday, my one day off a week so hopefully I get it.
I did the first one available and it was Feb 22When I submitted my date it went back to main screen to log in so I hope so.
Oh, got an interview! Glad they are finally pushing them out.
I hate that the dates I recieved to interview on we're last week of February. Anyone have any sooner?
I signed up for the 22nd! So glad I didn't have to wait as long as I thought! 🙂
Hi.
Anyone know what is the deadline to send Spring trascripts? I am reapplying for this year.
Anyone know what is the deadline to send Spring trascripts? I am reapplying for this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I spoke to Ms. Turk she said I could bring mine with me to my interview, but most schools require it to be there by January 31st.Hi.
Anyone know what is the deadline to send Spring trascripts? I am reapplying for this year.
Ok.. Is that the deadline for Spring 2016?
I think Jan 31st might be the deadline for fall transcripts. When I was accepted last year, the deadline for Spring 2015 was June 1st. I wanna know the deadline to send out Spring transcripts.
I think Jan 31st might be the deadline for fall transcripts. When I was accepted last year, the deadline for Spring 2015 was June 1st. I wanna know the deadline to send out Spring transcripts.
So I'm confused. I'm in the date selection screen with the "save/exit" button at the bottom but I can't select any date at all. Are there supposed to be any boxes or circles right next to the dates or something? I can't imagine the dates being full already 😡
Does anyone have a idea how the interview is set up? Is it three people interviewing you? Did they read your application?
Trying to find some information for my mock interview set up.
Thanks!
Trying to find some information for my mock interview set up.
Thanks!
They offered us to stay in their hotel located centrally on campus but it's 89$ a night plus taxes and fees with the discount when surrounding hotels are offering 40-50$ per night. I mean you think they would realize that we are indeed college students and have paid close to 300$ already just to apply to school *if you include GRE score sending, suplimental app, vmcas app.*Well, I finally sorted everything out. Got the interview for Wednesday the 24th. Does anyone know what airport to fly into as well as some good inns or hotels near the campus area? Either that or I could stay over at Auburn and commute.
I'm staying in a different hotel. I can commute 10-15 minutes rather than pay 40$ more.
From what a friend of mine told me, there were 3 persons. A DVM, someone related to the vet program and someone else, can't remember quite well if it's a student or not. Anyways, she told me it's a pretty generic type of interview. She got asked about her opinion on a case they mentioned. Aside from that, I think she told me it the general type of questions were asked (tell me about yourself, a time you failed, etc)Does anyone have a idea how the interview is set up? Is it three people interviewing you? Did they read your application?
Trying to find some information for my mock interview set up.
Thanks!
For real? The discount is only $10? Damn 😵They offered us to stay in their hotel located centrally on campus but it's 89$ a night plus taxes and fees with the discount when surrounding hotels are offering 40-50$ per night. I mean you think they would realize that we are indeed college students and have paid close to 300$ already just to apply to school *if you include GRE score sending, suplimental app, vmcas app.*
I'm staying in a different hotel. I can commute 10-15 minutes rather than pay 40$ more.
Anyways, I searched and found that the Microtel Inn & Suites in Auburn has $50 per night. I've stayed at these places for other interviews and they're actually pretty decent. I think I'll just stay at the one over at Auburn and commute from there.
Here is a helpful link:Does anyone have a link to previous questions they've asked? Trying to study up before the big day!
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...ee-university-school-of-veterinary-medicine/0
Hi guys! I'm currently a 2nd year student here at Tuskegee. Congrats on getting an interview!!! Any questions, feel free to ask ☺
Hi guys! I'm currently a 2nd year student here at Tuskegee. Congrats on getting an interview!!! Any questions, feel free to ask ☺
Hello! Thank you for offering to answer questions because I have quite a few:
1) Does the current probationary status of Tuskegee SVM have any affect on a DVM?
2) Do you happen to know how many contract seat are available for SC students?
3) What is the program setup/ curriculum? Is it 2 years classes and 2 years clinicals or 3 years classes and 1 year clinicals?
4) Can you do internships and externships at Tuskegee SVM?
5) Does Tuskegee SVM make you track your veterinary degree? For example if you desire to practice primarily small animal when you graduate do they have you declare that while in the program and make you take certain classes for that focus?
6) What is Tuskegee SVM's strongest department? Weakest? In your opinion
7) Any interview advice please
Thank you so much, and I apologize for so many questions.
Hello! Thank you for offering to answer questions because I have quite a few:
1) Does the current probationary status of Tuskegee SVM have any affect on a DVM?
2) Do you happen to know how many contract seat are available for SC students?
3) What is the program setup/ curriculum? Is it 2 years classes and 2 years clinicals or 3 years classes and 1 year clinicals?
4) Can you do internships and externships at Tuskegee SVM?
5) Does Tuskegee SVM make you track your veterinary degree? For example if you desire to practice primarily small animal when you graduate do they have you declare that while in the program and make you take certain classes for that focus?
6) What is Tuskegee SVM's strongest department? Weakest? In your opinion
7) Any interview advice please
Thank you so much, and I apologize for so many questions.
Whoa!! lol jk *Cracks knuckles* Sorry for the quick answers/typos/etc lol
1) When the AVMA puts a school on probation, there are certain things (facilities, curriculum, etc) that need to be improved. So, probation status has no impact on a DVM.
2)Since this is a private school, I'm pretty sure there isn't a set amount of seats in each class. The number varies. I think we have 5.
3)The first two years are book work. Third year, you have class and you start clinics in the later part of 1st semester. So from 8-12 classroom, 1-until clinics. 4th year, clinics and preceptorships.
4)We're encouraged not to waste our summers. They want you out and about doing internships/externships.
5)Nope!
6) The departments are pretty well rounded. The weakest department, in my opinion, is exotics. However, there are plenty of exotics people here that work around it with those internships/externships just fine.
7)Breathe!!! The interviews here aren't interrogations. They want to match the applications with faces. Prepare for it like any other professional school interview. We're pretty much a family here and they want to make sure you fit. I promise you'll know what I'm talking about as soon as you get here 🙂 If you're still nervous, the first years will be there to calm you down lol
Hope that helps 🙂
Hey all.
TUSVM C/O 2014 grad here. Good luck to everyone interviewing! This website was a life saver for me while going through the application process as well.
Just remember to stay calm and be true to yourself during the interview process. I said some unpopular things in my interview but made it just fine because I was honest.
Small plug:
Remember to check the classified section , craigslist or even zillow/trulia if looking for housing. Good resources.
TUSVM C/O 2014 grad here. Good luck to everyone interviewing! This website was a life saver for me while going through the application process as well.
Just remember to stay calm and be true to yourself during the interview process. I said some unpopular things in my interview but made it just fine because I was honest.
Small plug:
Remember to check the classified section , craigslist or even zillow/trulia if looking for housing. Good resources.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! So I have a interview tomorrow. I came by the campus today and past the College of Veterinary Medicine. If I recall correctly, we go there for the interview. My question is does anyone remember what building?
Thanks! Good luck on your interview, I'll probably see some you guys tomorrow. 🙂
Thanks! Good luck on your interview, I'll probably see some you guys tomorrow. 🙂
Can you tell me how many interviewees vs acceptances for the 2020 classHello! Thank you for offering to answer questions because I have quite a few:
1) Does the current probationary status of Tuskegee SVM have any affect on a DVM?
2) Do you happen to know how many contract seat are available for SC students?
3) What is the program setup/ curriculum? Is it 2 years classes and 2 years clinicals or 3 years classes and 1 year clinicals?
4) Can you do internships and externships at Tuskegee SVM?
5) Does Tuskegee SVM make you track your veterinary degree? For example if you desire to practice primarily small animal when you graduate do they have you declare that while in the program and make you take certain classes for that focus?
6) What is Tuskegee SVM's strongest department? Weakest? In your opinion
7) Any interview advice please
Thank you so much, and I apologize for so many questions.
It's the building right behind the sign for the school. They said that there would be signs in the morning to point us in the right direction!Hey everyone! So I have a interview tomorrow. I came by the campus today and past the College of Veterinary Medicine. If I recall correctly, we go there for the interview. My question is does anyone remember what building?
Thanks! Good luck on your interview, I'll probably see some you guys tomorrow. 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 178
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 446
- Locked
- Sticky
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K