Tuspm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zmkelchn

patagomate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone know what they base the scholarships off of for incoming students for TUSPM. The website says MCAT and GPA, but there is no indication as to what MCAT scores and what GPA. Furthermore, are ECs something they consider? I am a NCAA cross country and track runner, a resident assistant, do cancer research, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You are correct wrt GPA/MCAT being the key determinants. When I was there in late Feb., they said that there was no hard and fast cutoff. Rather, they factor in the selectivity of your undergraduate institution when looking at GPA. For example a 3.6 at a "most selective" undergrad would receive equal funding to a 3.8 at a less selective institution. They did not elaborate how MCAT scores factored into it. From what I gathered, there was a formula they used that toook these into account and distributed $ accordingly.

thanks! that was my understanding as well. I'm just hoping research, athletics, volunteer work, etc. all come into play as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
Anyone know what they base the scholarships off of for incoming students for TUSPM. The website says MCAT and GPA, but there is no indication as to what MCAT scores and what GPA. Furthermore, are ECs something they consider? I am a NCAA cross country and track runner, a resident assistant, do cancer research, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

I was offered a very nice scholarship last year when I was accepted. Sad part is that that offer isn't carried over to the 2, 3, and 4th years. Now I've got to rely on my ability to outwit my classmates to get another schollie.

Nice! Yeah, I was wondering if it carried over...I guess I can ask more questions tomorrow as the TUSPM open house is tomorrow, hope to see some people there!