TUSPMers in the Manayunk area? Long distance relocators?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalBetty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!
I'll be attending TUSPM this fall and am looking to live off-campus. I've been checking out the Center City surrounding areas (esp. Spring Garden, Rittenhouse Sq., and Society Hill/Historical Park). But I've also started to check out Manayunk. One of the amenities that is at the top of my list is access to outdoor activities and it seems like Manayunk might be a better fit for me than the surrounding Center City divisions. If anyone lives out in Manayunk, could they provide some honest feedback regarding their experiences living in Manayunk? Any apartment complexes/areas I should avoid? How's the singles nightlife?

Also, did anyone make a long-distance relocation to attend? If so, how did you go about looking for an apartment (i.e. did you stay at a hotel while you looked, did you make all agreements via e-mail and phone?...) :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks!
I'll be attending TUSPM this fall and am looking to live off-campus. I've been checking out the Center City surrounding areas (esp. Spring Garden, Rittenhouse Sq., and Society Hill/Historical Park). But I've also started to check out Manayunk. One of the amenities that is at the top of my list is access to outdoor activities and it seems like Manayunk might be a better fit for me than the surrounding Center City divisions. If anyone lives out in Manayunk, could they provide some honest feedback regarding their experiences living in Manayunk? Any apartment complexes/areas I should avoid? How's the singles nightlife?

Also, did anyone make a long-distance relocation to attend? If so, how did you go about looking for an apartment (i.e. did you stay at a hotel while you looked, did you make all agreements via e-mail and phone?...) :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

If you are looking for outdoor activities, I would recommend looking into Art Museum section of Center City, East Falls, and Manayunk areas since they are close to Fairmont Park area. In terms of singles nightlife, center city and Manayunk are great areas to be in. There are tons of bars, restaurants, etc... in those areas. If you do not drive, there is a regional rail that runs from Manayunk to Center City. The train stop, Market East Station is only about 4 -5 blocks from the Podiatry school. I hope that this helps.

If you are looking for outdoor activities, I would recommend looking into Art Museum section of Center City, East Falls, and Manayunk areas since they are close to Fairmont Park area. In terms of singles nightlife, center city and Manayunk are great areas to be in. There are tons of bars, restaurants, etc... in those areas. If you do not drive, there is a regional rail that runs from Manayunk to Center City. The train stop, Market East Station is only about 4 -5 blocks from the Podiatry school. I hope that this helps.

Thank you so much!