1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Tutoring as an EC?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by fishieFDR, May 18, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. fishieFDR

fishieFDR

May 17, 2014
    I was scouring Craigslist for a job this summer and noticed a company posting. They already invited me for an interview after just asking for my ACT/SAT scores. If that's all they base it on, I should get the job (perfect scores). What can I expect? Is it a decent EC or should I spend my time doing something else?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. keevwu

keevwu 2+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2013
    seems good unless you have a better option like MCAT tutoring or tutoring physics/bio/chem

fishieFDR likes this.
  4. kyamh

kyamh 2+ Year Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Michigan
    MDApps:
    It's an excellent opportunity - and usually lucrative too!

Tutoring shows responsibility and can be an opportunity for leadership ;) Also, you are allowed to have things you do that are not 100% aimed at medical school. Working at a coffee shop is also a great addition to an application. I've been able to do plenty well with minimal "pre-med" activities since I didn't decide to apply until senior year/after graduation.

fishieFDR and Shazam243 like this.
  5. Shazam243

Shazam243 2+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Sounds good, go for it! You can also keep searching for other jobs if you want.

fishieFDR likes this.
  6. fishieFDR

fishieFDR

May 17, 2014
    Thanks! I worked in a store too.